Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Seen worse two years ago my buddy pulled two decent sized lings out of his cooler n flopped em down on the fish cleaning station 2 weeks before they opened... talk about going from hero to zero at the dock..lol gotta check them regs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled into the Comox ramp yesterday morning and was shocked to see a fisheries boat!

The officer and I BS'ed for a while and I told him I have fished the area the last 12 years and have never been checked on the water...he wasn't shocked...no budget for that stuff!! Sad...

His first check was over at Grants,first boat had under size springs and barb hook combo! Next he came to Bates beach and spent alot of time with a open tin boat,I saw the tin boat heading back to shore after their visit...HaHa

Any way,I think they wrote allot of tickets through out the day!

Good to see them out there!

Are there currents at kitty similar to the hump? Is the fishing pretty good summertime at kitty? Any halibut out there? Prawns? Crab?

Great reply....

Yours is even better... *facepalm*

Removed my prawn report FA doesn't like positive prawn reports in and around his area!

I'm not sure where we were FA I'm not from up there thought this was more or less a courtenay/comox thread which is where we launched from how big is this "kitty Coleman" area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yours is even better... *facepalm*

Removed my prawn report FA doesn't like positive prawn reports in and around his area!

I'm not sure where we were FA I'm not from up there thought this was more or less a courtenay/comox thread which is where we launched from how big is this "kitty Coleman" area?

This is your editing job..... LOL

This is a PM received from GDW......

GDW said:
Lol yiur right it is a BS post. I'll edit it for you.

Your my hero..... Tortuga wasn't lying is his reply today it is very true. Obviously conservation is not what GDW concerns himself with.... Pretty dam sad

Just got back from a great day of fishing the marker bouy off the Coast Guard Station. Two springs. Well really only one. First one was under size so it went back. Second one was a line peeler but I managed to get it beside the boat where it then took a mind of it's own and wrapped itself around my other rod line. I tried to net it but that just made it take another crazy run which snapped my line at the swivel. I watched it take off across the surface with it's tail fin waving goodbye.

I was using the army truck flasher and hoochie around the bottom 70-80 feet of water. I hope next weekend is great weather too.

a great weekend at kitty and south to little river. nothing big but lots of action. picked up a couple small springs. one red and one white 180 ft on army truck was nailing them... not too many boats out there but a couple other sfbc members were doing good too!
hope the fish stick around, might get out this evening (blood moon tonight)..

We fished Kitty on Sunday from about 11:00 until 4:00 with nothing to show, but a couple of missed strikes. With flat seas and hot sun, it was a good day regardless.
Just as we were getting ready to call it a day, the port side rigger popped off and the reel started singing. What a nice gift of a fish for this time of year and just as we had decided to head in. The flesh was as bright as a sockeye. Green flasher with green-silver coyote spoon right on the bottom.

Untitled_zps0ce364f5.png

Nice to see some Kitty reports with pictures and information. Congrat's and thanks for sharing :).

Good post Van Isle, nice fish. It looks like it was rough as hell out there. How did you ever manage to bring that slab to the boat in such harsh conditions

Picked this 16lber at the buoys of Lazo in 80 feet of water. Was there by myself for most of the morning with a few boats going by heading for Kitty. Didnt feel like heading down there and then pounding back in the SE wind that was going to hit in the afternoon. Caught on a irish cream SH at 60 feet. My daughter tried to bring it in but was getting her knuckles wacked so I had to take over. The little man in the picture is my head fish bonker. Any reports from Kitty as I am going to head that way on Monday after this storm blows through this weekend.

Attachments

• April 18th.jpg
    April 18th.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 460
Back