Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

I was out at kitty at 9 made one long pass. Nothing. Went to grants. Nothing. Went to hardwood 1 salmon to the boat 2 lost. Then to the mine off texada and caught a great killer whale show! Not many salmon around.

Anyone going to venture out into the fog this weekend? If it burns off enough I may venture out.

I was out the other day in the fog it it is really hard to fish without your bearings one guy really had to stick to driving or we ended up going on circles finding the ramp was no fun either got two undersized and a couple of huge pacific
Cod but at least there was some bait starting to show.

Got out Friday in the fog locally but not Kitty. All we got were undersized. And YES the bait is starting to show up. Bet the herring spawn is about 3 weeks away. Lots of birds waiting on it.

Good to hear about the p cod there sure good eating limit 8 and still open not worth keeping the smaller ones too much waste but good filet off the bigger ones.
Terry

No-- I am going to whack its little head and eat it!!! Bleed, and filet immediately, ice um down and prime fish and chips. Lots of things in the ocean or the woods that are ugly, but taste great!!!!

Well thought I would be rewarded for being brave enough(or stupid) to go out into the soup today but no such luck. 4 under size and no bait anywhere that could find underneath me or around, then again I only had about 200ft of visibility.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

You did get rewarded you got to go fishing while the rest of us stayed home

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys! Being new to this saltwater thing, I am lost if fishin at Kitty Hump is a bust. Do you guys have a plan B when the hump is slow? Wife and I retired to Courtenay and like to keep outings close as possible. Don't exactly feel comfortable enough to head out into the big blue ocean with no destination in mind... For 45 years fishing in 30' of water for walleye was fishin deep!! Ha Ha

i'm sure most places area bust right now.but if you are new to the area then in summertime when fishing the hump, you should be 180 - 2450 ft down with green or blue flasher, 36" leader with a blue meanie on it.you will do well.

Back