Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

I was the only boat that launched at Kitty today that I seen. Only seen 2 other rec. boaters out there all day. We never caught a single fish. Thanks Dan for the skunk.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Not really the positive reports I was hoping for. Was out last week but no salmon . Found no bait either. Maybe the bait got lost and took salmon with them... Will give it a try next week, hope some bait show up!

That's a good link eagleman

Just checked it out and its another beauty day out there, hopefully a few luck sacks made it out

Glad that you like it T U, It's a bit of fun plus it's another tool to figure out conditions before you make that drive to the ramp. It's not always available but hopefully they will keep it going year round, it's much appreciated for sure.;) eman

Fished from 930 until now. Chovy's and hootchies at 160-200 feet, and not a sniff. Beauty day out there in the sun though.

same for us last Sunday CVmike,we launched in Comox and ran to Grant Reef and then over to Sentry Shoal and back to Kitty, looking for bait, fish etc- we used different bait and gear and depths etc,but came up empty

Ill be out tomorrow in my 14 foot tinny. Maybe see some of you out there.

Only other trailer in the parking lot today is a guy with a 14ft trailer. Asked the guy if he was a forum member thinking this was you.....NOPE Not the first or the last time some guy on the ramp thought I was crazy. LOL :)

Must have been the other guys out there who were in the red tinny. We ended up calling her quits at about 1pm due to frozen fingers and toes. Hopefully if the weather is good enough I'll make it out again next weekend.

Know was a lousy weekend. Just wondering if anyone ventured out to the hump or the Comox buoy? Has any bait showed up yet? Should get out tomorrow but may head south to Deep Bay if poor local reports...

There is just a ton of wood out here be careful if coming out. Ramp is clear though which was nice to see. BWD and EC are both wrong. Much rougher they say. 1.5ft seeing no bait.

Hey guys! Being new to this saltwater thing, I am lost if fishin at Kitty Hump is a bust. Do you guys have a plan B when the hump is slow? Wife and I retired to Courtenay and like to keep outings close as possible. Don't exactly feel comfortable enough to head out into the big blue ocean with no destination in mind... For 45 years fishing in 30' of water for walleye was fishin deep!! Ha Ha

Wanting to go but a sleep over as ruined my opportunity of making it a family day. Now I sit here wondering who I can call that will go.

Hey Fa! Still looking for a crew member for today? I am the guy who bought a few balls from you a few weeks ago, guy with the springer spaniel running around your yard...

Daryl

Back