Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Fished Kitty yesterday and was it ever slow. Not a legal fish to the boat unless you want to include dogfish. Now I was targeting Chinook and I could have brought the gear up and tried for some of the coho and sockeye in the area. I am hunting Tyee's :)

That's not an excuse.......according to a certain poster on this site the fish are always there...you just weren't trying hard enough or your mental faculties weren't sufficient for the task at hand......:p:cool:

Kitty sucked this morning! Only undersize fish no matter depth or gear size! Called it after 2 hours! Hopefully this rain moves some good fish back in

I think you are doing the wrong fish dance myself. you do know you have to do the right dance for the fish you are targeting don't you?

Your right it dont!! Unless your playing fishing game......:D Getting out tonight or tomorrow hopefully. Will report back!

Plenty of fish still being caught all around the Comox Valley. Sitting behind a keyboard doesn't produce fish.

Some of us have to sit around the keyboard and lick our chops waiting to get out but reading reports helps ease the pain

Sure is nice weather again for getting out

spent 3 hrs after work on Wed night between and around the bumble beez, no fish. about 8 boats out there, no action on any i could see. talked to a couple guys, nothing. put in about 10 hrs fishing in that location in the last month, half by kayak half by power, nothing to show. lots of fish on the sounder, jigged, trolled, changed lures, flashers, speed. nada. frustrating.

It's not always as easy as just putting a line in the water though. Gear, timing, depth, speed and just over all knowledge pays a huge part in catching.

You'll figure it out. Don't give up James

ha ha, not only will i not give up. i'm probably going to pull the trigger on a boat sooner or later! then it will be a whole new level of effort, technique, ranging far and wide not to mention endle$$$$$$$$$$$$ lots of corners of the ECVI i want to explore and as much as i love sea kayaking, i'm going to need power to really get out there far and wide and to fish hard!

Was out afternoon today. 3-7 Was very slow for spring/coho salmon. Few shakers. Jigged for few cod and thought had a good halie on. After 1/2 hour, up comes a long nosed skate. Don't know how big they grow but this one was wider than could spread my arms... of course phone & camera back in truck!! But got my lure back anyway.. Maybe try again tomorrow morn through low tide.. got to be a few salmon around..

Well just got back and had a great day. We were able to get three springs a coho and jigged a grey cod. However, we really worked for those fish. The springs were all caught on good ol army truck hoochie green flasher. The coho was caught on a cop car spoon.

It was a great day that included a mom and baby porpoise right by the boat, however not to be outdone a 23 foot striper zoomed by with two topless girls that were hooting and hollering with no cares in the world. lol

Aryn

Got out for the tide change this morning. Lots of bait showing. Managed one barely legal spring and then picked up this beauty while doing a turn and bouncing the ball on the bottom. 2nd one this year at Kitty. Things slowed down then so we tried the green can with no luck, and then ran all the way to grants reef. Nothing happening there either. All in all, still a stellar day. Saw a whale and several porpoises through the day. Weather was hot, beer was ice cold and seas were flat.

Attachments

• IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 653
Back