Kitimat

kingfish

Does anybody care to share where a feller may need to go in the channel for halibut. I,m going to be a first timer.

Might have an idea....have to check out a few things tho'......then again I might not...who is ya'?

Might have an idea....have to check out a few things tho'......then again I might not...who is ya'?

You'll need to head a fair ways out the Channel-Mar/April/May my friends from Hartley Bay get them in Barnard Harbour-later just off Rennel Island.
Lately though they haven't been staying around Rennel at all in summer and no one can find many Butts at all on the North Coast although they are thick over in QCI.
Good Luck!

You'll need to head a fair ways out the Channel-Mar/April/May my friends from Hartley Bay get them in Barnard Harbour-later just off Rennel Island.
Lately though they haven't been staying around Rennel at all in summer and no one can find many Butts at all on the North Coast although they are thick over in QCI.
Good Luck!

Good Luck!

quote:
I'm just one ov dem Alberta Flatlanders who has fished the Work Channel but never Kitimat. Me and my partner have heard some stories about Kitimat and are thinkin bout it.

quote:
I'm just one ov dem Alberta Flatlanders who has fished the Work Channel but never Kitimat. Me and my partner have heard some stories about Kitimat and are thinkin bout it.

quote:

hey i seriously think u should consider river fishing while u go to kitimat. I live in kitimat and if u fish the river it will be an experience you will never forget. you are sure to catch a fish all the time

gordon tomlinson

hey i seriously think u should consider river fishing while u go to kitimat. I live in kitimat and if u fish the river it will be an experience you will never forget. you are sure to catch a fish all the time

gordon tomlinson

gordon tomlinson

hey im from kitimat get your self a map and jig in front of the rivers during spring and chum season thay feed of the dead fish floeting out to sea mostly on the top of sholes close to rivers in high tide

Hey kingfish, I live in Kitimat and mostly fish for halibut so if you let me know when you are comming up this way, I'll show you some spots that are good. You don't have to go all the way down to Bernard to get them and the last 2 years have been the best in the last 10 so hopefully it will be just as good this year.

Hey Kingfish had to laugh reading your post .I'm from N.Alberta and was fishing Douglas last June and we are heading to Rupert this June I guess the grass is always greener. Fishing in Kitimat is excellent but we couldn't get in to our B&B in Hartley Bay this year.If u want send me an Email and we can do a little swapping of info.Have a few GPS locations for u .Limits of Hali's were a given if u were in the right spots.

If I rembember correctly every time we tried to fish Douglas Channel last year the whales showed up. However in 2004 and 2005 we had quite a bit of success.

Back