Kitetail flashers

CVmike

Anyone have any experience fishing with these? I remember seeing a post about them on here a while back, but was not able to find it. Maybe it didn't make it during the site changeover. Anyways, I was in wholesale sports in nanaimo and saw one and picked it up. Thinking it would fish well 5' in front of a cuttplug, but on the packaging it says it will even provide enough action to fish a hootchie. Anyone have any success with these vs a regular hotspot? Id like to hear about your experiences.

Mike

I own a couple and I typically use them when the regular stuff doesn't seem to be working. Sometimes they catch fish but they certainly aren't in my regular arsenal of go to setups. I think they provide plenty of action for spoons or hootchies but I use them as a bit of a last resort. I think the regular stuff will more regularly produce.

cheers

Same response as 7deuce, last resort. Seemed to have better luck using them higher up (60-100 ft) with smaller spoons on coho.

Kite-tails have less drag than a regular flasher. If you are running a spoon and want a little extra attraction:- set the revolving speed of the Kite-tail at it's slowest and then put on a swivel and then connect the spoon with 5 or 6 feet of leader.

Hoochies will be a much much shorter leader.

Back