Kingfisher vs. Thunder Jet?

Westcan

Looking to make a purchase and would be interested to hear any experiences of the Thunder Jet Chinook OS versus the Kingfisher 2025 Escape?

Been in the thunder jet chinook. Beautiful boat, but boy did it pound. Can’t speak for the kingfisher.

Looking to make a purchase and would be interested to hear any experiences of the Thunder Jet Chinook OS versus the Kingfisher 2025 Escape?
Went through the same debate 4 years ago. Went with the thunder jet. Just couldn't get past a few things on the kingfisher...the amount of paint, gunnell height, and the amount of stainless bolted to the aluminium. There were a couple other minor things as well. Maybe things have changed since then, not sure.Both are good boats. Take both for a ride if possible, and make a decision. You will get lots of opinions on here...many valid...many not. Pm if you want more info, and if you are interested in the thunder jet I can point out a few options that are must have.

I have a 2014 Tyee 23 OS full hard top with Alaskan bulkhead. The Tyee had a deeper V and riders a bit nicer than the Chinook but in my opinion they both ride better than any of the Kingfishers that I have been in.

I had the same debates when buying my boat. The Kingfisher dealer is only 45 min from me and I like supporting local but after inspecting a lot of their boats, I ended up buying a Thunderjet. I’m a journeyman welder so the welds needed to be up to my standards and they were not on the KF. I know a guy with a 2825, and he pointed out some horrendous welds in his $250k boat. Goopy pigeon **** grapes hanging down. The Pulsed welds we’re to far apart leaving the center of the weld visible, which is a no-no in my eyes. Also, the roof was to short for my tall butt. I have a 24ft Alexis and like kingblazer said, get some suspension seats. They work great in the slop.

Neither, I’d get a Hewescraft, LOL!

In all seriousness, I’ve owned an older Harbercraft, pre-kingfisher, and two buddies owned TJs. Loved the Harbercraft and, back then, the finish was much better than both buddies’ TJs. Great service from Harbercraft/kingfisher here in the Interior as well when I had a minor issue with the walk through windshield hinges. Got a Hewes when I upgraded as did one of my buds from his TJ (I went to a 180 Searunner, he to a 220 Ocean Pro). Both of us shopped comparable TJs and Kinfishers but, at the time Kingfisher seemed to be transitioning focus to bass and walleye style boats in the size I was looking at and neither of us liked that the TJ offshore bracket is just a bracket while the Hewes bottom extends the full length of the Extended transom, giving you a longer center line running surface. Qual was very comparable but Hewes was also more affordable at the time to boot.

Cheers!

Ukee

My 2007, 27' TJ off shore was the first pilot house design hull that they built. It was also the first twin engine outboard that they has build. The workmanship and quality of components I thought were exceptional for production boats. Subsequent years of productions have produced refinement that mine doesn't have, the most significant is the sliding cabin door vs the hinged one on my boat.
You definitely want the aft control station, mine didn't come with it, but I immediately installed it myself. Fortunately is was quite simple because my twin DF 140's came equipped with the Telefex aftermarket fly by wire controls.
I can speak about the quality of the TJ since they are acquired by Brunswick.

Tight Lines, I have reservations for Critter Cove starting on Aug 7, hope the border is open by then, Look forward to seeing all of my Canadian friends.

Jim

Back