Kinder Morgan IPO and $25/barrel oil (MSNBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your seriously believe electric cars are going to take over everything in 3-4 years you better give your head a shake pal lol. That KM pipeline will go through and theirs nothing the NDP or Green Party can do about it. Essentially their whole platoform of their election promises will be for not. That whole article is based on speculation and what if's.

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
- Robert Goddard (1882-1945)
Not 3 to 4 yrs ..agree there.

If your seriously believe electric cars are going to take over everything in 3-4 years you better give your head a shake pal lol. That KM pipeline will go through and theirs nothing the NDP or Green Party can do about it. Essentially their whole platoform of their election promises will be for not. That whole article is based on speculation and what if's.

Huh. Wonder why oils worth half what it was a few years ago? Think it's suddenly gonna spike in price? Someone needs to shake there head and it ain't the NDP

Last edited:
Huh. Wonder why oils worth half what it was a few years ago? Think it's suddenly gonna spike in price? Someone needs to shake there head and it ain't the NDP
Oil is at half price because OPEC is producing as much as possible. Probably a little deal with Obama to f with Russia and there natural gas prices. Production will slow, price will creep back up.
NDP won't stop pipeline to many jobs at stake, they said what they had to.

I have seen many different dates when disruption will happen. One thing is clear to me.... it's coming.

One of the biggest reasons for the price drop is Saudi Arabia and Iran flooding the markets, among others . The KM pipeline will go through, this is a federal decision and it doesn't matter who is in power at home here or what they have said or promised. I just got home from pipelining all winter and it was one of the busiest I've had in 12+ years. Lots of people working which is good for everybody, escpially good for Canada as a whole. Mayb the price will drop to 25$ a barrel one day soon who knows... nobody knows

Consider what Intel did and you can see technology is going to play a role in the coming disruption.

You might've been busy but there's been at least 25 oil field guys try for a job here at my company and there's plenty of other outfits in the valley who are seeing the same spike in job seekers. Coincidence? Nope. Not as much work out there as peeps say. Just sayin. I can see it so can plenty of others. In fact about half the voters in BC disagree with you. A huge swing since last provincial election. While the NDP may not Have all the answers or maybe none they At Least wiped that crap eating grin off of Christies face. Next ... Notley. She's pretty worried and keeps chanting the same mantra all the other pro pipelines are" they can't, they can't." They said the same about the election. They won't, they won't... but Suprise.... fooled ya.

Last edited:
Clint no need to to colour your comments, perhaps clean it up.

The game is not to stop KM it's to delay it. That way investors will think twice about backing it. I hear there are headwinds to them raising the capital to start the build.

A much higher political power than Turdeau gov't and corrupt NEB would be 10's of thousands of protestors in the streets; mayors of global recognized cities Vancouver, Victoria willing to be publicly arrested. Plus law suits from every sector first nations, citizens, municipal, regional, provincial.... etc. The final and highest political power of it all does not sit in legislatures... the people.
Tons more jobs here:
"The renewables sector employed 8.1 million people in 2015, up five per cent in a year, the report said, while oil and gas lost some 250,000 jobs by the end of 2015. And for the sixth year running, more money was invested worldwide into expanding renewable energy production than into oil and gas production." http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/06/13/canada-oil-renewables-energy_n_10441636.html

all right. Changed it to crap. But you know what I mean. My favourite commercial during the election was the one where Christies telling us what she thinks BC needs while standing there with a look on her face like she "tooted" haha in a packed elevatorYou know the one.

You might've been busy but there's been at least 25 oil field guys try for a job here at my company and there's plenty of other outfits in the valley who are seeing the same spike in job seekers. Coincidence? Nope. Not as much work out there as peeps say. Just sayin. I can see it so can plenty of others. In fact about half the voters in BC disagree with you. A huge swing since last provincial election. While the NDP may not Have all the answers or maybe none they At Least wiped that crap eating grin off of Christies face. Next ... Notley. She's pretty worried and keeps chanting the same mantra all the other pro pipelines are" they can't, they can't." They said the same about the election. They won't, they won't... but Suprise.... fooled ya.

Fair enough if you've had people looking for work at your employment place, I don't deny that the oilfield has its ups and downs, I can only respond to my sector of work as their are many trades and spin offs which obviously suffer more when prices are low. Don't get me wrong I'm not 100% approving of the KM until we have a proper spill response plan in place. I'm just commenting on the fact the provincial gov. in all likelihood will not stop this deal. We can all put up valid points but nobody really knows what's going to happen.

The pipeline is coming..Dr Weaver and Horgan can make all the noise they want, they are trying to play to their supporters and look like they are doing something. I just cringe every time I see a couple hundred rail cars filled with light product or crude coming through the Fraser Canyon . Safest way to transport oil is in a pipeline and it is coming

I believe you have this right Bb . May take a bit more time, and a bit more $$ in FN bands pockets, but it is indeed coming. The sooner the better so environmental concerns can be addressed.

Just my opinion but I think electric cars will become a little more popular but will not "take over" . Quite honestly power is not getting any cheaper and our current electrical system would have a very hard time keeping up if all of a sudden thousands of people plugged cars in when they got home from work. We are having a hard enough time keeping up with electrical loads in certain areas now . On another note , What happens in a situation where Trudeau approves a project yet the local government is opposed? That issue is also going to happen soon with the gas pipelines in the north. They have his backing and quite a bit of FN backing as well but Horgan and the greens will oppose . Just curious what you guys think?

Battery powered electric cars are going to be relegated to the dust bin of history once fuel cells get sorted. 500km range, 5 minute refuel.

Oil prices will climb when we start running out of food and stop turning it into fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back