Kicker for 16ft welded aluminum

slaydown

Hey guys,
I need to purchase a kicker for a boat I just purchased. I really wanna keep the weight down and am leaning towards a 6hp 4stroke suzuki. I have read alot of reviews about single cylinders vibrating like crazy. I will be mounting this direct on my transom and have heard about putting a rubbing mat under to help with the vibration. Hoping that someone out there has some first hand info on these 6hp 4strokes or any others. Thanks for any replies

I run a 17.5 Harbercraft and have a 2007 6hp single cylinder Merc 4-stroke kicker. The kicker is on the transom and has a rubber mat on both sides.........vibrates so bad compared to the 90hp that I only use it as an emergency engine. I often have a loaded boat and don't want the extra weight of a larger 4-stroke kicker. My advice is add a SmartCraft tach to the main (if you run a Merc), buy a used 6hp long shaft that someone else is dumping and just troll with the main. My 2cents.

I've got a 8hp long leg 2 stroke if you want. Twin cylinder, runs great. About the same weight as the 4 stroke 6hp 4 stroke. Great condition. Haven't used in 2 years as we went remote control BigFoot. PM me if your interested. TF

I have a 5hp single cylinder Honda that I use on a square stern canoe. It's very rough at low rpm and smooths out at higher revs. But it can't compete with the 2 cylinder 9.9 yamaha high thrust I use as a trolling motor on my boat. Except that it's easy too carry for portage of the canoe. I think for trolling a fish boat a 2 cylinder would be a better choice 2 or 4 stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back