Keeping Old Memories Alive......

Dave H

Sitting here killing time before I attend another Celebration of Life for a friend passed too soon I started thinking about others I've known who left too soon and for some reason Bruce Gerhart came to mind.

I remembered I'd submitted a story I wrote about Bruce some years back and looked it up.

Here's a link to it and I hope a few of you knew Bruce and appreciated him too.

http://ariverneversleeps.com/devlins-run-steelhead/

Been a sad couple of weeks for me, having lost two friends and with an old surfing pal in hospital fighting Pancreatic cancer not far from losing another most likely. :(

Ah, rainy days......................

Take care.

Well written.
Can relate.

Ditto what OBD said..... Thanks. I only met Bruce a couple of times... your explanation of his hearing loss and his go- git- er approach to the river now makes sense ... Both times I met him on the river he was doing a lot of loud talking and he didnt waste anytime to get his gear in the water. At first I figured him to be akin to the plague ( anyone who fished steelies in the 70s and 80s on the Island will know who I am referring to ... ) from the mainland that arrived in a pack and aggressively swooped through "our" steelhead rivers . But I was told that he was a first rate person and a fishermen that was willing to share his knowledge. You have certainly confirmed that....

A great man... enjoyed a couple great conversation with Bruce on the banks of the Thompson river over the years when he would haunt that river.....

Back