RevyFisher

Wondering if anyone has been hitting it since opening day and how the fishing is? Use to fish the Thompson River with lots of luck but never opened last year and doesn't look like it will this year so may have to consider trying to figure out how to catch them in the lake.

Wondering if anyone has been hitting it since opening day and how the fishing is? Use to fish the Thompson River with lots of luck but never opened last year and doesn't look like it will this year so may have to consider trying to figure out how to catch them in the lake.

Seiners have been netting in there for the last couple months, dont know if there is a opening for them in the lake.. thats why little shu has been so bad this year not enough fish pushing through and holding, the river is high so they just keep on moving.

Seiners have been netting in there for the last couple months, dont know if there is a opening for them in the lake.. thats why little shu has been so bad this year not enough fish pushing through and holding, the river is high so they just keep on moving.
Thanks kingblazer84 doesn't sound too promising if little shu is fishing poorly. Kamloops lake did open for Springs on August 28th. Wish they would have opened the Thompson as well. Two yrs in a row now they've done that. Wonder if we'll ever see it open again or if it'll be reserved for the FN gillnets only.

Thanks kingblazer84 doesn't sound too promising if little shu is fishing poorly. Kamloops lake did open for Springs on August 28th. Wish they would have opened the Thompson as well. Two yrs in a row now they've done that. Wonder if we'll ever see it open again or if it'll be reserved for the FN gillnets only.
You could always try the S Thompson, however shore access is limited now with the railway staff clamping down on the ‘do not trespass on our property’ rule. Not to mention shore angling so much easier on the T.

Jacks are open on the Big T, 4/d .... easy to catch w/ a float and bit of roe at the “S-bends”. Not worth the $ for salmon retention tag and gas to me for 4 little guys that really aren’t good for anything but smoking but ... it is open.

Cheers!

Ukee

Jacks are open on the Big T, 4/d .... easy to catch w/ a float and bit of roe at the “S-bends”. Not worth the $ for salmon retention tag and gas to me for 4 little guys that really aren’t good for anything but smoking but ... it is open.

Cheers!

Ukee
Yup Gold Pan to Skihist. 50cm or under.

Cheers!

Ukee

Yeah not worth the gas and salmon tag for 4 jacks. It was fun floating roe and hooking into the big guys above Gold Pan but I fear those days may just be memories now.

You could always try the S Thompson, however shore access is limited now with the railway staff clamping down on the ‘do not trespass on our property’ rule. Not to mention shore angling so much easier on the T.

I've got a boat and gave the South T a try a few yrs ago thinking it would save a pile of driving but all the ones I saw in peoples coolers were black boots and nothing I'd ever want to keep. Majority of the Springs on the Thompson are still nice and bright very rare they're dark especially the first couple weeks it opens.

so @RevyFisher spent thursday and friday fishing mabel and little shu, 4 hits and 1 small rainbow thats it! only saw 1 chinook taken in mabel amoung the gong show of fishing the shallows early morning 5am etc. BUT sounds like little shu might be picking up here right away as the adams fish are pushing through or atleast on the way.

so @RevyFisher spent thursday and friday fishing mabel and little shu, 4 hits and 1 small rainbow thats it! only saw 1 chinook taken in mabel amoung the gong show of fishing the shallows early morning 5am etc. BUT sounds like little shu might be picking up here right away as the adams fish are pushing through or atleast on the way.

Have you heard anything lately on little shu? Last chance this weekend. Wondering if its starting to fill up with the adams run or whether its pretty much a bust this year.

Have you heard anything lately on little shu? Last chance this weekend. Wondering if its starting to fill up with the adams run or whether its pretty much a bust this year.

havent heard much.. but I tried calling westside stores yesterday and they havent heard any good news out of there yet its been a huge hit an miss fishery this year some guys have got some most have not! almost all out of the river.

Back