July west coast

F

fishbonkers

Looking for advice on doing the west coast in July. Been to Poett Nook in August before, never fished the area in July, but that may be my only chance this year... any input appreciated.
Carl aka fishbonkers

Last two weeks of July I'd go out of Tahsis through Esperanza sound to the 50 fathom line in the ocean. They call this the highway for a good reason.

john

quote:Last two weeks of July I'd go out of Tahsis through Esperanza sound to the 50 fathom line in the ocean. They call this the highway for a good reason.
Yup!!

livin' la vida pesca!

What about the next to last week in July for Ucluelet area? I'm taking an older gentleman out there and don't want to pound around too much. Would the springs be moving into Barkley by then.??Could we get some sheltered fishing at that time? Appreciate any help and advice. Saltspringer

I go out with a charter with my father in law and his cronies all over 75 yrs old
they manage ok we usually go in mid August for Halis and Salmon

Island Boy through and through

That early in the year(last 2 weeks in July) I would go out from Bamfield to the rocks which are straight out from the mouth of Pachena Bay, go outside of them in about the 40 to 60 fathom depth and you should find a gathering of springs there feeding from the upsurge which comes in at that spot.
Offshore from Cree Isl. also , go out around 1 1/2 to 2 miles right off of Cree /Effingham and you should run into the springs.

AL

That early in the year(last 2 weeks in July) I would go out from Bamfield to the rocks which are straight out from the mouth of Pachena Bay, go outside of them in about the 40 to 60 fathom depth and you should find a gathering of springs there feeding from the upsurge which comes in at that spot.
Offshore from Cree Isl. also , go out around 1 1/2 to 2 miles right off of Cree /Effingham and you should run into the springs.

AL

Back