July 31.... slot limit review?

Your guess is a good as mine. Have no idea what our minister will do. I would be very suprised if it extended. Commercial opening were announced?

On flip side FN could initially launch legal action if it is shown that they can't access Sockeye for food needs etc, and DFO clearly didn't make provisions for the rock slide for I.E access to more chinook.

If we did reach this point data is going to matter if we had to pursue class action down the road. We all know what fish are in what area at what time. And the minister knows as well, so he should be thinking very carefully. Already seen him ignore this several times this year.

Last edited:
Anyone have insights on this?
I believe the measure was to be reviewed on July 31 o_O

This is a good question, that can only be answers by the pmo and his sheep.

The title of your post is a good reminder to many of us. Lots of folks, including myself have been saying the slot ends for the first of August. Fact is, as you have stated, it was said that it would be
Reviewed on July 31.

I am pessimistically optimistic. Fancy talk for “who knows” hahaha.

Ps: If we do get beat up again, pretty sure you can reasonably in part tie it to last weeks announcement.

Last edited:
We should be all good for August 1, tho there is no postings on DFO website for aboriginal openings on the Fraser and that has me a bit worried.

I would have expected them to post some openings by now

Yes. Area G launches Thursday this week.
No size restrictions noted whatsoever (and there bloody well better NOT be a distasteful last minute surprise!).
Big Rig on site.
Headed up tomorrow myself.
Catch y'all on the flipside...

Cheers,
Nog

That’s good news Nog, good luck out there, hope you guys can make up for some lost ground.

I just called Vic 5 minutes ago after reading these comments in renfrew reports. I spoke to DFO receptionist and she replied she has heard nothing about slot going after August. I have received no alert from SFAB from our area contacts either.

I would have expected the notice to come out at 4:29 today but see nothing. So I assume we are good to go. Lots of nasty rumors out there.

I'm starting a new rumor ... We are open to keep 1 fish any size in Sooke and 2 fish any size in Renfrew starting Aug.1 !
If we are going to have rumors they may as well be positive rumors!

I would have expected the notice to come out at 4:29 today but see nothing. So I assume we are good to go. Lots of nasty rumors out there.

I'm starting a new rumor ... We are open to keep 1 fish any size in Sooke and 2 fish any size in Renfrew starting Aug.1 !
If we are going to have rumors they may as well be positive rumors!

That's the kind of rumors I like to hear!

I just called Vic 5 minutes ago after reading these comments in renfrew reports. I spoke to DFO receptionist and she replied she has heard nothing about slot going after August. I have received no alert from SFAB from our area contacts either.
Nothing posted on dfo website so good to go, unless its updated tomorow

Back