JUGHEAD Update & Pics

FishWhisperer

Pic of Jughead sizes & rigged. These were produced from the CAD drawings. They work awesome, swim great. Unfortunately the water is quite murky at this time of year so the vids of these little devils are very difficult to see. I will be making more vids in fresh water in the next few days and will post a link to them on here. As of today we're about a week behind sched, which isn't too bad considering... I expect a limited amount of Jugheads to be available near the end of June, the bulk of production should be available in stores beginning of July.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,855
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be trying them out for sure. I loved the action in your earlier vids. Thanks for the update.

Fishwhisperer,
I really like the baitfish action but would ask if one had a much longer distance to the release than shown in you medium video, say 15', would this baitfish swim in a 10' circle? thanks. DAJ

Fishwhisperer, I really like the baitfish action but would ask if one had a much longer distance to the release than shown in you medium video, say 15', would this baitfish swim in a 10' circle? thanks. DAJ

Hey DAJ,
I trolled Jughead, all sizes, about 15’ to 20’ from the downie clip. The vids on YouTube are of me testing the heads only about 8’ from the clip. This was so I could get them on video (hanging off the stern with my GoPro bolted to a dip-net handle). Tow them naked with a dummy flasher or tow them behind a flasher. The large (Pilchard) size is too heavy to tow behind a flasher tho.
The Jugheads out of the pkg will have the standard tow hole that is dead-center of the bill. This config swims the bait and gives a sporadic dart to the sides and an erratic 2’ to 3' barrel roll (approx). Once you pass 2.8 to 3 kn, the barrel roll will widen slightly, it’ll perform more sporadic darts and the little buggers swim like crazy.
The large (Pilchard) size has a larger field of vision as it tends to have a wider barrel roll. Once you break the 4 to 5 kn barrier the thing starts doing big, erratic figure 8’s up to 15’ across.
It’s amazing that the bait doesn’t blow apart. My theory is that Jughead is recreating the natural action of the fish. I’ve towed some large bait around at speeds up to 7 kn and the bait always came back pristine.
I recommend trying diff speeds, diff size hooks, diff tow hole, beads, swivels, paint, etc. Try Baitrix, streamers, hootchies, etc. Use your imagination.
As I’ve stated, out of the pkg, the heads will have the same config. Basically a “starting point”. It’s up to each fisher as to what they want Jughead to do.
Out of the pkg they're simply awesome, but there’s so much more…

Please make sure to identify the stores by name so your friends down south (USA) can order as well!

Any word on these yet?

I'm going to throw a hissy fit if I don't get the one that holds the anchovy soon......

I've got several things in mind for them......

Those "Yum" brand rubber baits with the action tale on them (also other rubber-bait brands) should fit right inside nicely. (You know....those ones with the "spade" tail).

Then you get the killer head action...plus...the killer tale action.....and...if there's dogfish around you can run with no scent on them.

Was checking on the Ukee ladder derby site tonite - looks like a couple of fish were caught on the jughead lure today.

If someone is catching salmon with them they must be for sale somewhere.OK guys, where?

If someone is catching salmon with them they must be for sale somewhere.OK guys, where?
Well ...Jugheads aren't for sale anywhere yet. We were in Ukee testing the mold prototypes yesterday. All 3 sizes. They worked very well. Caught Springs, Coho and Halibut. Pretty exciting watching those little buggers swimming around. Friggin things look alive. Can't wait until the Pilchards and big Springs show up... The minute Jughead is available, I promise to post on here. Good luck all, keep your rod tip up!

Well ...Jugheads aren't for sale anywhere yet. We were in Ukee testing the mold prototypes yesterday. All 3 sizes. They worked very well. Caught Springs, Coho and Halibut. Pretty exciting watching those little buggers swimming around. Friggin things look alive. Can't wait until the Pilchards and big Springs show up... The minute Jughead is available, I promise to post on here. Good luck all, keep your rod tip up!

I kind of figured it was you or someone testing them. Great report FW! Nice to see them proving themselves and the action sounds fantastic. I'm looking forward to your post of when they hit the stores.

Cheers,
Sculpin

I'm curious. Glow, UV, colors? Any outstanding combo to date.

I was out with Pacific Waters Sport Fishing for the tests in Ukee on Friday. Dan's boat was perfect for filming the under water shots plus there was lots of room on deck for filming as well. And of course, Dan's boat is a "fishy" boat, his guests are always at the top of the leader board. Anyway, below is the link to a short video of a couple fish taken the other day fishing off Ukee with Jughead. It was such a nice day out there...
YouTube: GuideProInc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4kEsmtbgzY

FYI, We've been using clear Jugheads for most all of the testing.

I've added a couple quick vids to my YouTube channel that were taken in the murky waters off Nanaimo last week. The vids are of a 10 inch Mackerel. The camera battery was dying so the vids are short. The swimming action is ridiculous. IT'S ALIVE!!

There will be a limited amount of Jugheads available, starting the last week of June, 2012. Send email to FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca for details.
There are now 4 sizes: SM – for Hootchies, streamers, etc. MED – for Anchovy, small bait fish. LARGE – for 5” to 7” Herring, med-lg bait fish. X Large - for Pilchards, Mackerel, XL bait fish.
Although production was to begin last month, sage advice was received and re-structuring of the corporation is required. This may be humbling but it is necessary. As a result, Jughead will not be mass produced for this summer.
Having stated that, I will still be producing Jugheads this summer but on a much smaller scale. Please bear with me as this is a time consuming and costly endeavour.*
I’ll try to accommodate all inquiries in the order they have been received.
Keep your rod tip up!
FW

* This summer only 2012, a limited supply of Jugheads will be available in sets of 4, with one of each size per pkg. - SM, MED, LG & XL.
Available colours: Transparent Green, Transparent UV Green, Crystal Clear and Crystal Clear UV.
Limit of 3 pkgs per person/order (this may change pending availability).

There will be a limited amount of Jugheads available, starting the last week of June, 2012. PM me for details.
PM Sent

Although production was to begin last month, sage advice was received and re-structuring of the corporation is required. This may be humbling but it is necessary. As a result, Jughead will not be mass produced for this summer.
Best to listen to the accountant and not expose yourself to too much risk.

PM Sent
Best to listen to the accountant and not expose yourself to too much risk.

Well, the industry is surely changing but, the reason being is that Jughead has turned out to be a little bit more than anticipated. I never expected the global response that has been received. Rest assured, Jughead will bring in the top fish of several leader boards this year.

Back