Join the Public Fishery Alliance

Discussion in 'Conservation, Fishery Politics and Management.' started by cohochinook, May 12, 2020.

1. cohochinook

cohochinook Well-Known Member

Why Join the PFA?

Being a member of the PFA enables you to:

The PFA will give you a voice with decision makers. Whether you are an individual or business, you deserve a say in how our public fishery is managed.

• Join a Collective Voice– PFA members become part of a strong voice on important issues facing British Columbia’s public fishery.
    • Influence The Issues– the PFA’s ever-growing influence is a result of its membership. The PFA reflects the diverse needs of its vast membership and its commitment to access to sustainable fisheries for all.
    • Advance Education + Engagement– on key subject matters applicable to our public fishery and access to it.
    Membership is Free – Join Now – Stay Connected

• Membership is one way individuals and businesses can have a say. Add your voice to our membership, and let’s speak up with one voice and help us send strong messages to Government.
    https://publicfisheryalliance.ca/membership-sign-up/

wildmanyeah likes this.
  2. fishinforever

fishinforever Active Member

Joined!

cohochinook and wildmanyeah like this.
  3. High Time

High Time Crew Member

Joined and donated!

cohochinook and wildmanyeah like this.
  4. Whole in the Water

Whole in the Water Well-Known Member

Joined and will donate, c'mon folks let's get a lot more joining this group. United we stand divided and unorganized we fall!!!

5. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

I have joined and donated, For those are unaware membership is free and more voices mean more lobby power.

6. ziggy

ziggy Well-Known Member

Joined as well.

7. cohochinook

Great to see so many from Forum joining!

I have joined and I'm also volunteering my time to help.

nicnat and Whole in the Water like this.
  8. kingblazer84

kingblazer84 Well-Known Member

cohochinook likes this.
  9. slaydown

slaydown Active Member

Joined and donated

cohochinook likes this.
  10. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Done-- but will need to see some progress before bringing out the CC.

cohochinook likes this.
  11. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

Gonna bump this post one more time. What these guys are trying to do is great and a lot of people would rather they just go away. Consider joining its free to become a member!

Also consider volunteering https://publicfisheryalliance.ca/volunteer/ they can use the help!

cohochinook, littlechucky and Derby like this.
  12. fishinforever

fishinforever Active Member

Might be worth it to state what our current goals are, and how we plan on achieving them

13. cohochinook

14. Trophy21

Trophy21 Crew Member

wildmanyeah and cohochinook like this.
  15. Foxsea

Foxsea Well-Known Member

Missed this last month but joined today. As others have mentioned, a strong, united voice is needed to defend our public fishery from a deaf government.

cohochinook likes this.
  16. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

cohochinook likes this.
  17. Samnjoe

Samnjoe Active Member

I have had a look at the website but dont see any information on who is behind it.
    I have donated to similar organizations in the past that have simply vanished.
    It would be good to post some info on who the directors are and how membership is going.
    I would have no problem supporting an organization that is as passionate about the fishery as I am.

18. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

What's the word on these guys? What's the plan?

fishinforever likes this.
  19. el.Pereh

el.Pereh Well-Known Member

My understanding is that a plan of action is being worked out and should be due for release within a couple of weeks.

20. vangoalie

vangoalie Member