[John Duncan, MP] For whom the Bell tolls?

no is gonna be buying quota off of anyone......it's never gonna happen......commercial recreational .....nice try.....everyone single person boarding a lodge or guide boat has purchased a tidal water angling license and is entitled to catch his or her limit regardless of where they are from......japan, Italy, Alberta, b.c. Or Afghanistan.....this same old line of "commercial recreational" is gettin real old real fast and everyone is seeing right through the BS......the fish belong to me, you, my mother, my kids, their kids, not 400 some odd lottery winners.....who's running the show the supreme court OR dfo....

Licence Type Resident Non-Resident Non-Resident Alien
Basic Licences
Annual Angling Licence $36 $55 $80
One Day Angling Licence* $10 $20 $20
Eight Day Angling Licence* $20 $36 $50

So for $20 a yank can come here and take a 10-20lb hali worth $50-$100. And if they choose they take it to Hardy boys have it processed and shipped home and start all over again... Get a grip man clean this crap up. It's not about how much fish we have it's how we look after it that counts.
And do your homework 78% of those quotas have been bought and sold the FREE bs is the oldest card in the deck still being played by the dinosaurs representing us. We need a solution that will last not another bandaid.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, personal attacks aren't necessary, I just get a bit riled.

I just don't see it your way. All the guides are doing is taking sports fisherman fishing. They are not retaining those pounds for the lodges, they are facilitating the angler to catch them.

Not that I agree but I do understand the position. If there were no guides(no i am not in favor of this) then the people paying to catch fish would spend there extra money doing something else and there would be more fish for the rest of us. It still frustrates me that gov can find money to buy 17% of the quota up for the natives(that we as recreational fishermen leased last year) but our tax dollars can't be spent to buy us the 8-10% we need to end this fighting.

Last edited by a moderator:
accountability

Not that I agree but I do understand the position. If there were no guides(no i am not in favor of this) then the people paying to catch fish would spend there extra money doing something else and there would be more fish for the rest of us. It still frustrates me that gov can find money to buy 17% of the quota up for the natives(that we as recreational fishermen leased last year) but our tax dollars can't be spent to buy us the 8-10% we need to end this fighting.

licence fees can increase as long as money goes to hatcheries ...i agree its too low...go buy one sockeye $35
salmon stamp increase to what ever as long as it goes to enhancement (PSF) and not general revenue. at this point $1 out of the approx $6 goes to "salmon conservation"...its a fraud
halibut ...10 per year....how much can you eat....I got a family of four.....50-75 lbs works for us and we eat lots o fish

change whole license structure

-record salmon and halibut on license
-use the information...as it stands now we record all Chinook catches but DFO refuses to use that data
-lifetime angler number to tidal water angler (just like fresh water)
-change annual date from March 31 to March 31 to DEC 31 to DEC 31
-mandatory to submit license and data on it to DFO by Jan 31 each year
-no renewal until proof that data has been submitted to DFO
-this allow DFO an accurate account of sport caught salmon (by piece) and halibut (by approx weight ????)
-this idea has been put forth many times but DFO in their wisdom refuses to move in this direction. Instead the still think fly overs and dockside creel surveys (4% of boats returning to docks) combined with paper and e-logs gives them an accurate profile of the sport catch.....what a joke....it just keeps them in high paying jobs....at our last guides meeting all we heard from DFO was "we stratisfy this and use stratification on that" .....WTF.....we have and election and count 1.5 million ballots in four hours and DFO can't take 350,00-400,00 licenses and in 60 days can't "stratisfy REAL numbers into a fishing plan by March 1st so our sector can carry on our $650 million a year business unabated .....its F*&^@kin DFO that is at the root of this whole issue...whether its 88/12 or accountability of rec fishers....the answer is now political and not within either group....we all need to work, and its way to obvious to ALL the 88/12 was a bad idea and now the politicians need to get their **** together.....one way or the other this will be fixed and deigning a $650 million a year economic engine to fizzle out is out of the question....

licence fees can increase as long as money goes to hatcheries ...i agree its too low...go buy one sockeye $35
salmon stamp increase to what ever as long as it goes to enhancement (PSF) and not general revenue. at this point $1 out of the approx $6 goes to "salmon conservation"...its a fraud
halibut ...10 per year....how much can you eat....I got a family of four.....50-75 lbs works for us and we eat lots o fish

change whole license structure

-record salmon and halibut on license
-use the information...as it stands now we record all Chinook catches but DFO refuses to use that data
-lifetime angler number to tidal water angler (just like fresh water)
-change annual date from March 31 to March 31 to DEC 31 to DEC 31
-mandatory to submit license and data on it to DFO by Jan 31 each year
-no renewal until proof that data has been submitted to DFO
-this allow DFO an accurate account of sport caught salmon (by piece) and halibut (by approx weight ????)
-this idea has been put forth many times but DFO in their wisdom refuses to move in this direction. Instead the still think fly overs and dockside creel surveys (4% of boats returning to docks) combined with paper and e-logs gives them an accurate profile of the sport catch.....what a joke....it just keeps them in high paying jobs....at our last guides meeting all we heard from DFO was "we stratisfy this and use stratification on that" .....WTF.....we have and election and count 1.5 million ballots in four hours and DFO can't take 350,00-400,00 licenses and in 60 days can't "stratisfy REAL numbers into a fishing plan by March 1st so our sector can carry on our $650 million a year business unabated .....its F*&^@kin DFO that is at the root of this whole issue...whether its 88/12 or accountability of rec fishers....the answer is now political and not within either group....we all need to work, and its way to obvious to ALL the 88/12 was a bad idea and now the politicians need to get their **** together.....one way or the other this will be fixed and deigning a $650 million a year economic engine to fizzle out is out of the question....

Let me know when you run for RDG, you got my vote..

Back