JDF Derby

Tips Up

Who's in?

$30,000 first place this year plus many more new prizes. Plenty of trips to be won!

Tailout and I will be camping at Pedder for the weekend to cut down on driving. Anyone else?

Good luck!

Tips

Will be fishing with my 2 brother's in a older boston whaler , launching in sooke. Hope the wind stay's away and the fishing is better than last year. good luck.

If any of you are fishing Otter Sat afternoon yall can laugh at me getting married on Gordons beach....... yes the woman picked the date :mad:

Congrats Lippy, are you fishing the derby in the morning at least ? :p;)

maybe a little spincasting from the beach when the minister is talking ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was discussed.....
emo-coffee.gif

Congrats Lipripper. Hope the weather is good for you.

We did our wedding pics on the rocks at Cattle Point and I snuck a spinning rod into the trunk of the limo. While the girls were getting photos I made a few casts in my tux.
Made for some funny photos when the photographer caught on and took pics of my new wife shaking her finger at me. LOL

May I suggest some additional vows...
For better or for worse...in sickness and health... in fishing season and hunting season...

Tips

Yup, congrats Lipripper!
I got married in Calgary, ALONG TIME AGO, hopped in a camper Van, and spent 2 weeks fishing at Tofino and Campbell river. She clued in real quick as to where my priorities were!
Wife comes out to the Island every couple of years with me now, she knows that's where my roots are,she wants us to move back there soon!
Enjoy your special day!!!!!

I think the dealine for today is 7pm? rs so maybe something will be posted later on...sammy

6 pm final weigh in ...
And yes saw that lip Congrats.... to you good thing you didnt have derby tickets LOL
good to see the weather stopped raining for you anyways... good work

As for fish was a bit slow out there especially when the whales came thru, dont know what the standings are but our team was in 3rd for a tiny bit im sure LOL
when i was there a 30.4 was leading then heard a 30.5 came in so dont know what the standings are now maybe some one can find out definatlly bigger fish to be caught good luck to all...

Wolf

Hey Wolfie

Should that Canucks flag be flying at half mast??? Good luck out there tomorrow see you at the dock.

Fished the beach at otter today , lost a good one at first light, saw two nets in the water all day, nothing big . Hopefully tomorro is better. 30 lbs used to get you about 20 th in the derby.

biggest fish? website to results?need some info from up in the charlottes... good luck tommorow

LOL nope our crew (taylor) we came 12th biggest was a 40 lber by a guy I do not know then 30.6 and down the line im sure someone knows more fun times once again....
And want to personally say to the George and all his supporting staff WHAT an awsome event it sure has come a long way and they do such a great job PLEASE keep it up it, it is one thing I personally look forward to every year to hang with my buddies and just have fun.......
THANKS VERY MUCH

Wolf

Biggest fish was 40 lbs., second and third were 30.5 and 30.4 lbs respectively. There was 5 more fish weighed this year then last at 125 (nothing under 15 lbs allowed) and about 300 lbs more in overall catch weight. All in all is was pretty slow fishing with a lot of guys not catching anything over the 2 days. The banquet and prizes were as usual great with some extra prizes thrown in for the 25th year of the derby.

We only got two small springs the biggest being 12 lbs and only saw 4 fish netted around ove the 2 days. Still, it was a great time and lots of $ raised for salmon enhancement.

Back