It's a great morning for smoking cheese,,,,,

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
The frosty mornings these days are perfect for smoking cheese.

Got a batch of cheddar in right now.

Time to go to Costco and buy some more to smoke tomorrow.

I do chicken cheese and peppers all at the same time. Also some tofu for some hippie friends. What kind of wood? My smoker sucks on frosty mornings. I really should make a proper insulter. mabey some of that silver furnace insulation! hmm

Thats insane..... I cold smoked cheese. Thats why I want it cold outside/freezeing. Smoking cheese at the high temps will just melt the cheese. I can see smoking chicken and peppers at the same time, but not cheese.

colder smoker nice! ohh man I dont even know what they look like.

Yes I shouldve said im not much of a smoked cheese person. I can only a little piece here and there. I did it last xmas. I did some of those little bococini balls from costco. They were in for mabey a hour just enough to give a smokey taste to the outside. Peppers were a little longer same they cook pretty fast. Mabey thats why the cheese didnt melt. I was during a snow storm and I couldnt get the smoker up to temp at all. Had to finish chicken in the over to make sure it hit germ killing temp. I think id do onions agian and want to try some salt.

Hey FA what wood do you use? I've been wanting to smoke cheese just not sure what chips to use. Now that it's cold sounds like a good idea, I may not have to put ice in.

I use my Bradley on cold mornings. I like using Gouda, Old Cheedar and Mozza. I only use the hopper NO BOX HEAT. I run 3 pucks thru the machine. So about 1 hour. Do not let it sweat. Keep the vent wide open. I just this year tried double and triple smoking. So I smoke the cheese in the morning then again in the evening. I cut it into small serving sizes. I go to Costco and cut the blocks in 1 inch slabs. Once smoked I wrap in plastic wrap and store in zip lock bags. The cheese will keep for months after smoked. Hope that helps you.....

If your doing a evening with guests I would use cherry or apple as it is milder. Will go better on a cheese platter.
I love my triple smoked hickory old cheddar. Grate it on to a beef dip sandwich....SO GOOD. Eat a slice and try not to exhale. It is strong.
The double smoked hickory mozza in cubes melted on Triscuit Crackers.
This is making me hungry.

By the way I used cold cheese and a cold smoker. Some people will tell you to bring the cheese to room temp. first. But I find the cheese will sweat if you do that.

Thanks man, making my mouth water. I just have a cheap True North smoker, so I have to put in an ice tray. Do you think I should let cheese get to room temp? It doesn't ever get hot enough to cook or dry out fish but I've never done cheese.

Hey FA, it's a front loader I'll give ya a call.

Back