Islander MR3's

ReelSlim

Crew Member
I just picked up a couple of Islanders today and wanted to get the opinion of what's best. Since they are the MR3's I loaded then with mono only and no backing. They guy at the store was pushing hard to put backing on as well but I went with all mono. I know with the larger arbour backing shouldn't make that much difference......or does it?? If it does I'll load it on next year.......any thought's from the Islander owners out there? Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC01434.jpg
    DSC01434.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 223
No backing required on the MR3. I have been using braid on my islanders for the past 12 years (with backing just to fill the reel up).

No backing needed, but where i purchased my MR3's they loaded the reels with backing. I have yet to ever get down that far into the spool. The orange backing against the gold reel looks pretty cool I think. lol

Thanks boys! Kinda what I was thinking already but thought I would ask. And BT your right the bright backing does look pretty slick with the Gold but I wasn't so sure with the blue? Maybe on the next ones ? lol

Bright green backing......it'll look WAY, WAY cooler!! Say "yes" to the "day-glo" look!!!

(and yes....I know this isn't an Islander :p ;))

IMG_2887.jpg

Haha......I am thinking of doing my plan of swapping the QR's out and retire them into the backup/stacking rods......and put a couple of pink MR3's into the "first line".

I think pink would just be funny.....I have no issue laughing at myself.....and as BCI said on the other forum; "nobody would steal them". :p ;)

Except maybe Ken........I'm not sure that one he posted a few weeks ago is his wife's lol You might for sure?

Chicago Bear orange:Dholmes*

Is the "orange" their home or away uniform colour?? Orange is basically the "accent" on their uni's.....orange equates to Bronco's in the NFL.

That's about the equivalent of saying "Blackhawk Yellow" because there is one yellow feather hanging off the back of his head. :p :rolleyes: ;)

Back