Island west resort rv camping

kevind

just trying to get some more info on the rv sites and if they are any good or if there are better places to go. I'm planning on going next year during august with 2 other families. We will have a boat. Is it as bad as the reviews I ve read on trip review sites. It's really making me question if it's a good option. We would probably try to take the 3 rv full hookup spots behind the bushes next to the lodge I believe as we need 3 sites and figured that would be a good option as my wife wouldn't do well walking up and down the steep hill to the top of the other rv spots.

We Stay at Ucluelet campground and the boat at the Harbour.
Was the campground good? I looked at that place also and it got mixed reviews but it's an option. How far away is it? Can you walk over or is it a drive over? I know you can see the marina from the campsite from what I can tell but it looks like a bit of a walk. Did you check out island west rv site before going to ucluelet campground?

I've only moored at island west and camped at ucluelet campground. If you're just going to fish, you can't go wrong with either. They're both pretty basic and get they get the job done. If you want a better camping experience get a cabin or stay at a better campground. For camping, I recommend wya point but the showers are quite far away, but they could have made changes since I haven't been there in 5 years.

One of the things we would like this trip would be full hookup with sewer so wya point wouldn't work for the little lady for 10 days.

So going to be at the Ucluelet campground from August 1st to 10th. If anyone else is around let me know. Will be our first time fishing the area and would be nice to have a partner boat some days offshore.

We have stayed at Island West Resort campground a couple times for the month of August only because our boat was moored there. The only reason we stayed there was because they offer freezer storage for your catches while you stay there. The freezer service is a huge deal if you are planning on staying any length of time. The camp ground is the worse I have ever used, no grass, dusty and dirty. Also we continually had to reset the circuit breakers when using the RV's air conditioner. Ucluelet Camp Ground is hands down a much nicer more traditional camp group however they do not offer freezer service.

We have stayed at Island West Resort campground a couple times for the month of August only because our boat was moored there. The only reason we stayed there was because they offer freezer storage for your catches while you stay there. The freezer service is a huge deal if you are planning on staying any length of time. The camp ground is the worse I have ever used, no grass, dusty and dirty. Also we continually had to reset the circuit breakers when using the RV's air conditioner. Ucluelet Camp Ground is hands down a much nicer more traditional camp group however they do not offer freezer service.

Thanks fishchaser. We bring our own freezer so that wont be an issue.

I second Ucluelet campground. We stay there once a year. we have our fish processed and frozen at fishfull thinking.

you guys going again this year?
Not this summer. I get married in July and I'm in Europe for most of August for the honeymoon. I'll probably be in Ukee in September. Either camping with my boat or Tuna on a friends boat if the water is good.

So going to be at the Ucluelet campground from August 1st to 10th. If anyone else is around let me know. Will be our first time fishing the area and would be nice to have a partner boat some days offshore.

I'll be in ukee on the 8th or 9th. You should be able to figure it out by the time I get there. If not, go hang out at Capt and hook and try and get some info from the locals and guides. That's what I did my first time out in ucluelet. That was 3 years ago.

Not this summer. I get married in July and I'm in Europe for most of August for the honeymoon. I'll probably be in Ukee in September. Either camping with my boat or Tuna on a friends boat if the water is good.
Congrats on getting married!!! hope your trip in September is a blast. Maybe see you there next year.

I'll be in ukee on the 8th or 9th. You should be able to figure it out by the time I get there. If not, go hang out at Capt and hook and try and get some info from the locals and guides. That's what I did my first time out in ucluelet. That was 3 years ago.
I second hanging out at Cap'n and Hook. Our first time fishing out of Ucluelet, the young lady that runs the place was totally straight up with information and picked out examples of everything we needed THAT WAS WORKING. She then beat on all the guides that were hanging out there for their up to date information. We bought enough to earn a free latte for my wife too. Our success was really because of our stops there. Also, Pioneer Boat works was great for fishing supplies too. More commercial oriented, but when we lost a ball and needed a spare they had everything we needed at a fair price. One other suggestion; plan to launch your boat sometime other than the bottom of the tide. You will be way off the bottom of both Island's West and the Sea Plane Ramps. Island's West is the worst. Big drop off the end. Both nice ramps otherwise. You'll love fishing Ukie. After fishing multiple places on the WCVI 25+ years, it's become our absolute favorite. Enjoy. Tuna Maru

I second hanging out at Cap'n and Hook. Our first time fishing out of Ucluelet, the young lady that runs the place was totally straight up with information and picked out examples of everything we needed THAT WAS WORKING. She then beat on all the guides that were hanging out there for their up to date information. We bought enough to earn a free latte for my wife too. Our success was really because of our stops there. Also, Pioneer Boat works was great for fishing supplies too. More commercial oriented, but when we lost a ball and needed a spare they had everything we needed at a fair price. One other suggestion; plan to launch your boat sometime other than the bottom of the tide. You will be way off the bottom of both Island's West and the Sea Plane Ramps. Island's West is the worst. Big drop off the end. Both nice ramps otherwise. You'll love fishing Ukie. After fishing multiple places on the WCVI 25+ years, it's become our absolute favorite. Enjoy. Tuna Maru
Thanks for all that info great to know. We are really looking forward to the trip.

Back