Island Paper: Fish-farming poll.

Little Hawk

A colleague sent me this link to a local (mid-Island) newspaper poll on whether or not you think open net-pens are harming wild salmon. There is also a good commentary on Alex's presentation there last weekend.

http://www.oceansidestar.com/

Vote!

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Do you believe fish farms are harming wild salmon stocks?

Yes.
98.28 %

No.
1.72 %

Picture002-1.jpg

Do you believe fish farms are harming wild salmon stocks?

Yes.
98.28 %

No.
1.72 %

Picture002-1.jpg

Looks like the salmon farmers got ahold of this one.....
Its now 19%yes and 81% no.?????????

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

Looks like the salmon farmers got ahold of this one.....
Its now 19%yes and 81% no.?????????

DSC01361.jpg

22' Hewescraft Searunner

yah?? What the heck happened there? Something happened because its obviously not public opinion.

yah?? What the heck happened there? Something happened because its obviously not public opinion.

Wait a minute, Back when it was 98 to 2 it was a great thing WTF???

I learned the answer to that one long ago Kev. In order to maintain a politically-correct and democratically acceptable environment here on SFBC, we, who cherish our wild Salmon above all else, are forced to tolerate the likes of Barbie and Sockeye who lurk here like pyromaniacs in a forest of sport-fishermen.

What's wrong with this picture?

Yep![8D]

IMG_1445.jpg

quote:I learned the answer to that one long ago Kev. In order to maintain a politically-correct and democratically acceptable environment here on SFBC, we, who cherish our wild Salmon above all else, are forced to tolerate the likes of Barbie and Sockeye who lurk here like pyromaniacs in a forest of sport-fishermen

Another classic 1 in 40 rant. I just simply pointed out that maybe the masses don't buy into the hyperbole. All of a sudden it becomes this big conspiracy of salmon farmers hijacking the link. Besides according to you the salmon farming companies don't have that many employees in the province.

Poppa you wan't me banned go ahead it won't hurt my feelings. Although I am not sure on what grounds, other than disagreeing on the salmon farming thing I have contributed to many posts on this site. But if I upset you that much that you want me banned I will not stand in your way. I can take it.

agreed poll is worthless and as much as it bothers me and we don't see eye to eye barbender you do have had some funny posts

I do not agree with everything said here but the wars fought to protect these rights to have an opinion I will back everybody's right to speak their mind in respect for those whose gave their lives and those who came back marked for life.
We can all get along without having the same opinion.
Myself I don't want the salmon farms but I respect their right to speak.:D:D

STILLKICKING.jpg

IMG_1445.jpg

"1 in 40?" Ha-ha... at least you have a sense of humor, Barbie; I'll give you that!

Back