Iphone app for charts

Heavyc

Does anyone know the iphone app for charts that includes the west coast? Is it Navionics Marine & Lakes: US & Canada?

I'd like to have it hooked up to compare to my handheld with the charts on it this weekend.

yes i do navionics BC it's awesome, worth the $5 for sure, pretty good tide app on there too. you get the same map as the gold chip, easy to use you'll love it

I was sure the one my friend had was the BC one, but I dont see it in the app store. They only have the marine & lakes us and canada, that looks to have it maybe.

indeed, just checked the one I have is marine British Columbia, but I can't see it on itunes anymore? looks like the combined the US Canada marine and lakes, not sure if that ones any good? I bought the one I have over a year ago it might have been updated

I put in an email to Navionics, I think its to do with itunes canada vs usa. Hope they reply soon.

navionics. Great bottom mapping and marking rocks and such. Not as easy to mark spots as with a gps but super handy and worth every cent. A few times now my gps batteries died and didn't have spares so just moved over to iphone and WHAP! bobs your uncle.

Yes it is the US and Canada marine and lakes. Best $15 I have spent. Basically you choose the area you want to download charts for. It downloads to your phone so you can use it when there is no cell reception. I like that it has bathymetric charts for most lakes too. Even a lot of the smaller ones.

Yes and it is pretty handy.

e1c99b7b.jpg

As killer mentioned the tide component is really great too.

55180e17.jpg

I just got this waterproof case off eBay so I can use my phone without getting anchovy juice all over it.

324c96eb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I run the same app for my iPad. I have a waterproof case, and use it as a back up GPS on board.

Awesome!!

FishWish

Navionics iApp

Yup
I am a big fan too.

Try taking photos in this app. It can Geo-tag them with the GPS coordinates. Then you can touch and hold over photo icon on chart, then press Distance to see direction and distance from where you currently are. Great for the BIG SLAB photo or when tossing out traps.

Also nice to do trip and fuel burn estimates when you are planning a trip.

It is not really set up for navigation but it will do what you want usually. A great back up that is independent of boat system.

It would be nice if there was and Ipad version too. IT will run on a Ipad but does not have high resolution display. Very good value for the money.
icon14.png

Eastpoint

It would be nice if there was and Ipad version too. IT will run on a Ipad but does not have high resolution display.
Eastpoint

I'm pretty sure there is an HD Ipad version. I just checked and wow have the prices gone up. The ipad version used to be $20. I got my iphone app for $10.

There is also iNavX which uses the same underlying charting info. It has a few more bells and whistles. I use the Navionics one as well on an iPad and it's great for basic navigation as a backup.

Am using the Navionics app on Ipad and has lotsa features including wind forecasts,tides and currents etc am impressed sofar

Hey lordofthesprings,

Try taking a screenshot. Hold the home button for a second and then press the power button. The screen will flash white and the picture will show up under photos. From there you can print it out. Unfortunately I don't know any way to view the app on the computer.

You can email the screenshot from the photo app.
Here are a few examples.
These are overlaid with Google Maps
photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back