interesting question

robertg

ok, when fishing in an area where you can keep hatchery or wild coho and you retain say 2 wild cohos and then you decide to run offshore where you can keep only hatchery fish and are trying for springs what is your perception of the regs if you then were stopped by DFO. I have never seen any mention in the regs as to what DFO can charge you with. If they decide to say you should have gone back to where you are staying and dropped off the fish before going offshore, one answer but what if you are actually staying on your boat and anchoring.

ok, when fishing in an area where you can keep hatchery or wild coho and you retain say 2 wild cohos and then you decide to run offshore where you can keep only hatchery fish and are trying for springs what is your perception of the regs if you then were stopped by DFO. I have never seen any mention in the regs as to what DFO can charge you with. If they decide to say you should have gone back to where you are staying and dropped off the fish before going offshore, one answer but what if you are actually staying on your boat and anchoring.

Last week I had a DFO officer board my boat and measure my fish, he asked me where I caught it so I showed him my gps mark where I caught it. He was pleased with that and told me a few other blue boats were fishing the north end when they shouldn't have been.

Back