Intellisteer Issues

sir-vivor

Need help with this please.

I have had a entellisteer auto remote and it ran fine with the old style remote that ate more batteries than it was worth. But I got a new remote, the one that now uses the AAA batteries.

I had not used it for this summer but was working fine until I tried it yesterday and I could hear the motor running but the steering arm rod was not moving. ???

All I can think is earlier this summer I wanted to lube the steering rod so I pulled on it , pulling it out of the
collar a bit to get some grease on it , maybe I pulled it out of the spindle in the motor, is that possible ??

Once again when I turn on the remote and press the left or right button on the remote, I can hear the motor run but the steering rod is not moving in any direction.

The motor is in a very very tough place to access so a little heads up might help me , if someone has an idea of whats happening before I rip things apart lol

Thanks

sounds like your taking it apart.. or try see if you can get it to re-engage thought it would have had a stop unless something has broke inside ...
hope you get it sorted and best of luck ...
doing a rebuild project on my older bertram so me's stuck on the dry for the time being....lol

Could be your cable has seized. If you hear the motor trying to engage but nothing is happening, that happened to mine.

Yeah, look at the cable.
Pull it out of the tube and see if the cable moves.
They say to replace cable every two years. We got five out of ours before it started giving issues.

Ya, no problem the cable moves out of the tub when I pull it and push back in, doesn't seem to be seized.
I sent a email to Gary Notenbomer at Intellisteer , not sure if he's still there, But, not response. He's for sure the go to guy for help at intellisteer ! Probably very busy this time of year

Just an update, it worked for about 5 min while in driveway but when I tried it again while out fishing , nothing, motor spun but no movement on the cable , cable can be freely pushed in and out even with the motor turning, something's not engaging is my bet, where does a guy get servicing in these ???

Got a response from Gary from intellisteer and got it going , seems that my problem was a loose clutch wire, so I re cut and soldered all 4 wires and it seems to work, time will tell but for the time being its working just fine now. Those damn saltwater
electrical issues , they never stop , no sooner you think your dial in and damn there is another lol

Back