In search of FUGLY 2

I don't know about this one, I have a friend who moved his fuel tanks to the same location, he said it rolls non stop. I have not been on it but he regrets ever doing it.

Sorry, I meant to link the 17" Hourston you posted in C.R

Last edited by a moderator:
I am maybe home by the 15th , tell then i wouldn't be able to view, Reel Gone , think your right about that one, tanks would be better at the back or under the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 1993 17' Hourston that I'm thinking of selling. It has a 93 Johnson 70hp 2-stroke on it though. Not sure if you are set on newer 4-stroke power or not. It would be at the bottom of your price range though with lots of room for upgrades. PM me if you're at all interested.

Try and get yourself into that 20 footer. Buy the bigger boat now as opposed to a year or two from now lol. The hurston would be a sweet set up if it all checks out, that boat was posted on this site by a member. I think it had fresh motor work and the leg was pretty new. Negotiate the price down and go from there. My 08 high thrust may be up for grabs also, as I may buy a 15 instead of 9.9. I think the trailer for that boat had all been reworked also. Any wY I say get the biggest boat you can afford now, we all get that 2 foot sickness.

Oh ya, love the name idea of less fugly, also get geared up by mid April, gonna be another killer season over there

Try and get yourself into that 20 footer. Buy the bigger boat now as opposed to a year or two from now lol. The hurston would be a sweet set up if it all checks out, that boat was posted on this site by a member. I think it had fresh motor work and the leg was pretty new. Negotiate the price down and go from there. My 08 high thrust may be up for grabs also, as I may buy a 15 instead of 9.9. I think the trailer for that boat had all been reworked also. Any wY I say get the biggest boat you can afford now, we all get that 2 foot sickness.

X2!!!!

Sometimes you gotta grab life by the throat Jeff :cool:.

Had to whip up to frt mac for parts , seen a few nice boats on the interweb, have a couple in mind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looking for something a little more weather friendly ,I PM'd the owner of the hurston (sp) and also talk to my girlfriend tonight and she is totally supporting the new boat purchase which is good :p, not wanting to go to the states for a boat as our dollar doesn't go very far there right now...

Owen I have been on craigslist for days up here, haven't seen anything near as good as that 20' everyone is raving about, I was eyeballing that thing back in November... difference is I have the money now..hope I get a msg back...

Jeff, I have been watching this thread and was in a very similar 'boat' as you.
I had fished out of a friends 23', 26'(? not 100% sure if that is the next size up Hourston) Hourstons prior to buying my boat. All of my friends said 'get a Hourston', I looked for 8 months and nothing came up in my price range of 10k and a 20' + length. I ended up buying a 20' Trophy which is great. I have since re-powered with new Suzuki 150 4-stroke and am very happy with it. This 20' Hourston, is the one to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If its such a good deal why has it been on the market for so long? Does it give the boat credibility if a boat broker is trying to sell it? Just wondering

thanks 007, I hope to hear from the owner as I have left a msg,Hookin'up I couldn't buy the bumpers for that beauty Grady, im a blue-collar worker remember... one can dream...:p

Fishtank I am wondering the same thing.. I sent Fish Assassin the link to that boat in Nov, if it is such a gem why hasn't anyone scooped it up? would like to hear what a what the owner has to say...

Back