Importing a boat and trailer from alberta

Orion4x4

Please delete if not in the right forum.

Looking for information on what needs to be done to import a boat and trailer to B.C. from Alberta. I’m assuming pst needs to be paid and trailer will need inspection before it can be insured. Am I right in thinking that’s it? Thanks

Go to the Alberta motor association (AMA) and you can buy a permit which allows you to drive back to BC. Make sure that the registration you get from the seller has all the correct info and serial # matches what is on the trailer. ICBC office will want to sight # on trailer prior to transfer and registering it to you. Did it las spring

Thanks guys for the info. It’s greatly appreciated. It doesnt look as bad as I thought it might be.

Forgot to say make sure you get a bill of sale or ICBC will put a declared value on it for taxes

Boat registration will trigger BC taxes. Pay upfront through ICBC when dealing with trailer registration or wait for a bill in the mail. They’ll get you sooner or later.
Note: Keep all Bills of Sale and receipts of taxes paid......I got a tax bill one and a half years after registering my boat even though taxes were paid through ICBC.

Back