Important Mtg: January 10-2019 BC Wild Salmon Strategy Community Mtg in Langford

Whole in the Water

So who's going? I plan to be there. Great chance to hear and give feedback to local and provincial politicians (e.g. Horgan and others will be there). Hopefully lots of reps from the rec sector will be there to make sure our side of the story is clearly spoken to and understood!

index.php

Nov 10-19?????

How long has this been advertised/ planned?

found this https://engage.gov.bc.ca/bcwildsalmonstrategy/ and the poster above on their site. Plus this article about the pissed off people in Kamllops https://www.cfjctoday.com/article/6...ent-happy-bc-wild-salmon-consultation-process.
Seems like a DFO type of consultation, so the they can say we consulted and no one came to the meetings.
Given I have written Adam Olsen about the recent closures impact on Area 18 and local businesses in his riding and never heard back,even after several fruitless attempts through his office to get a reply. I sure hope the rest of the people on the panel are more committed than he seems to be.

Here is the link to provide input to the draft strategy. It is easy to do with a file that opens up a dialog box to reply to questions and provide you input. The deadline for input is Jan. 11, 2019.

Wish I had know about this sooner I would have posted this sooner - ARGH! However, there is still a bit of time to do so to represent the Rec sectors issues and positions for those who want to.

https://engage.gov.bc.ca/govtogetherbc/consultation/b-c-wild-salmon-strategy/

Given I have written Adam Olsen about the recent closures impact on Area 18 and local businesses in his riding and never heard back,even after several fruitless attempts through his office to get a reply. I sure hope the rest of the people on the panel are more committed than he seems to be.
I have had the same response from him too. The ONLY elected official I have EVER (channeling @wolf here with my caps) is Allister Mac Gregor Pretty sad, cuz I usually send copies to nine of them federal and provincial.

I have had the same response from him too. The ONLY elected official I have EVER (channeling @wolf here with my caps) is Allister Mac Gregor Pretty sad, cuz I usually send copies to nine of them federal and provincial.
I heard from Liz May as well as the Minister, but all I got from Olsen’s office after the initial defeating silence , was he was busy doing Town Halls on the Gulf Islands, odd given he was on TV that night in Victoria as part of the new Wild Salmon team. The second time I pressed for an answer to my letter, his office told me he was on Summer holiday.

It will be interesting to see if Horgan does indeed show up.

I am pretty glad to see Mike Hicks is involved in this.....at least someone on board has some sense.

I'll be there, hope to see a good turnout.

Someone know where this Kinsmen Fieldhouse is? Is that on top at the rec center or on the bottom near the Q Arena?

John took the time to show up at the Christmas social at the Charters River Centre. It was the first social for both the Sooke Enhancement Society and Juan de Fuca Salmon Restoration Society celebrating the new site for the Jack Brooks Hatchery.

I went to the meeting tonight. It was very well attended. It wasn't a big room, and I suck at estimating crowds, but it was standing room only, with people listening from out in the foyer. So all my concerns of no one showing up were ill founded. Johnny H was there for quite a while, and lots of good presentations were made.
The committee is supposed to take all the recommendations from all the meetings and condense them into an action plan for the Province.
I guess now we will have to wait to see what they think we said, and how much it will get acted on.

It was a good meeting and a great turnout. Really glad Horgan showed.....he has a LOT on his plate right now. We are pretty lucky to have a premier who is not only a Langford boy but an actual fisherman. He cares folks, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to effect change here to our rapidly declining fishery. Fill out the feedback form, it’s quick and easy and today is the deadline

https://feedback.engage.gov.bc.ca/253769?lang=en

Back