Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

Ziggy,
I have no idea where you are coming from.....the " Pasture " argument has been used by Alaska for 30 years to justify their very high harvest of all chinook,. ours, theirs, Southern US....they don't care. if they are present in Alaska waters they believe they own them. The Salmon Commission has tried to establish that Chinook have a life history, and travel, they have tails....there needs to be calm and reasonable allocation along the route they travel, which the AABM fishery under Commission negotiated and manages for all of us, and they do fairly good job, I believe.

The US visitors to our campsites and lodges are , or should be, I believe, a welcome addition to our fishery, and they make great companions around a campfire in my experience. The old saying that when the water level drops, the animals around the watering hole look at eachother differently seems to be at work here...we are all hurt, upset, and not sure how to attack this, but attacking those from " away " does not help,. in my opinion.
Perhaps you need to look at the post that I replied to?

As of April 30th Chinook doesn't appear listed in species regulations for Nitinat areas 21 & 22. I haven't fished this area. I don't recall this area being completely closed to chinook fishing all year or is this new for 2019? Anyone?

Areas 21 and 22 (Tzuquanah Point, Nitinat Lake)

Salmon

Species regulations
Always check for restrictions.

Species Areas Min Size Gear Limits
(d/p/a)
Status
Chum Salmon 21,22 30cm Barbless Hook & Line 4/8/- Open (See Restrictions)
Coho Salmon (Hatchery & Wild Combined) 21,22 0/0/0 Non-retention until Jun 01 (See Restrictions)
Pink Salmon 21,22 30cm Barbless Hook & Line 4/8/- Open (See Restrictions)
Sockeye Salmon 21,22 30cm Barbless Hook & Line 0/0/0 Non-retention (See Restrictions)

2019-04-25 11:25:25

Back