Important Chinook Information - Feedback Required

Man,, stuff like that hits me hard. I don’t know what to say other than we have to keep the pressure on these useless governments to take a stand and stop patronizing these special interest groups the FN included and stand up for the people paying their wage. We supposedly elect these people to make life better for us and create employment. Lately out of these governments all I see is them being voted in to fight jobs and employment, they get elected running on the promise to stop industry and people actually vote that in. Just heart wrenching is what it is.

I know this is about fishing, but it’s more than that it really is, fishing is just the sacrificial lamb this time, what’s next.

Here a little clip of the new guy we voted in over here. Here’s a man dedicated to the cause, dedicated to making a strong economy and getting his people back to work.

Save the negative comments I don’t care, nor does anyone out here care about what the left thinks we are tired of it, we really don’t give a **** anymore.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...rtas-economy-and-heal-the-provinces-divisions

Last edited:
Feeling awful for you Matt and many many others.

Call Ted Field Global vancouver. He was very receptive to what i had to say this am

We will see if it goes anywhere.

Oh man, really sorry to hear that Matt, hopefully things turn around somehow.

You need someone who loves Canada above all else. Above the United Nations, above the EU above all of them.

"You need someone who loves Canada above all else."
CIVANO, you are an American are you not??
from one of your recent posts..." I crab on the Hood Canal near my house."
Sounds like you want us to have someone like Donald Trump?
Heaven forbid!!!!
Spare us from anyone with Donald's ignorance, hostility, lying and cheating!!
He is an embracement and disgrace to all the good Americans, many of which are my friends!

Heaven forbid!!!!
He is an embracement and disgrace to all the good Americans, many of which are my friends!
Just curious if you think Trudeau cares more about Canada than the UN?

And yet your Prime Minister fits exactly what you say Trump is.
Every single word.

Heaven forbid!!!!

Just curious if you think Trudeau cares more about Canada than the UN?

My post was not about IF "Trudeau cares more about Canada than the UN?"
To answer your question I do NOT think Trudeau does cares more about the UN then Canada, nor do our other party leaders.
Justin Trudeau Liberal Andrew Scheer Conservative, Jagmeet Singh NDP and Elizebeth May Green..take your pick.
My post was to point out an American was posting on this site saying we need someone who loves Canada above all else.

The USA has a President right now who professes to love the USA above all else!
The last think I want is a Prime Minister who operates like Donald Trump!!!
Lets get serious, this subject is not about who does and does not love Canada!

And yet your Prime Minister fits exactly what you say Trump is.
Every single word.

"yet your Prime Minister"
Old Black Dog...are you American too?
So you believe Trudeau is just another Trump....time to get back to the subject as this is insanity!!!

Heaven forbid!!!!
Lol and you love Hilary???? Wow

Every single word you wrote fits your Prime Minister.

"yet your Prime Minister"
Old Black Dog...are you American too?
So you believe Trudeau is just another Trump....time to get back to the subject as this is insanity!!!

get serious...more insanity!
your the one spewing the insanity,what does the orange man have to do with the way our fisherie are manage??????you seem like the one who is offended by Civano comments and having a typical lefty tantrum,for some reason I am sure you voted for Trudeau lol

The Federal government caved into demands from FN's that all others be swept from the water and so used both the recreational and commercial sectors as negotiating points to service that particular form of blackmail. In Area G's May fishery, interception of Canadian Origin fish has been proven over decades to consist of less than one percent - and exponentially lower than that in the case of Fraser stocks of concern. The same can be said for many of the recreational fisheries. The largest and most continuous removals of these threatened / endangered stocks are via the in-river FN fisheries.
Paying the blackmail by forcing thousands off the water will do nothing to improve the fishery for the FN's nor anyone else.
The government understood that when it proceeded.
The FN's did as well, and now some are publicly stating they will not comply.

This was / is not a case of adhering to nor addressing conservation, it is rather a case of paying blackmail to one sector at the cost of all others. Period.

Here's a close analogy:

YOU are sitting at your desk one day, when in walks a fed or two. Clear out your desk, you are leaving and you may not come back. When you demand to know why, the answer is "a select group of folks who happen to be more entitled than you (in our opinion) has decided they don't like you nor your employment. No, you really don't effect what they do at all, but we decided to cater to their demands. You are simply collateral damage. Now hurry up and please move along now".

No compensation even considered.

Many of those they are forcing off the water are in their 60's or more, and as such do not represent "good candidates" for retraining or re-entry into the work force.
Again, the government is completely aware of that.
Again they could give a rat's butt regarding whose lives, families and communities they put in jeopardy.
And for that, I fully intend to ensure they are held accountable.

For you see, I am one of those affected.
We may well lose our house.
Already relations with my Lady are beyond strained.
Life, as I built it and knew it is basically over.
With one stroke of the government pen.
That will realize no benefit to the resource whatsoever.

But they have given me something they did not count on.
Time.
Time to do whatever I can to ensure the public understands just what the reality of this situation is.
And time to do my damnest to ensure they pay in full at the polls this coming fall.

Extremely Upset,
Matt
hope things get better for you,i am not sure a change in political party is going to help but I don't think it can get worse,The turd as to go that a for sure

This was a few years ago I went to sport fishing meet,someone said what if the closed down fishing and just had port Alberni .the dof said to me we have a very tuff time keeping things on and above board,back then he said there are people fishing day light to dark and keeping everything ,he said we are in between a rock and hard place,

J.Wilkinson's daughter is a friend of my daughter but I always avoid talking to him until last week when I met him in an event. I could not stop myself and had to give him peace of mind on his decision and the closure Chinook. One thing he kept emphasizing at the end was for him to follow the constitution keeping FN happy and yet close or minimize Chinook fishing for FN he had no choice but closing it for recreational and commercials. Him being just another politician and I'm someone who can't stand ******** had to end our conversation shortly before I lose it.

Back