Imagine My Surprise...And Now The Anticipation Begins....

Dave H

Yesterday was bring the boat home day but first I arranged to take Neil Cameron's boat to Van Egan's old place, where it resides between Tyee seasons. Then we'd go get mine.

Everything went along according to plan more or less and as Neil was leaving he tossed a brown paper bag in my truck, ostensibly for helping him move his boat back and forth, and then said there were a couple of "treats" for me in the bag for when I got home.

It was a short but exciting drive home and I could hardly wait to open the bag.

Imagine my disappointment when I opened it only to find a brand new still in the package #8 Gibbs, The Stewart Spoon, Improved version with Glow In The Dark paint plus an old beaten up wooden shovel-nose Lucky Louie plug with a bunch of scratches on it, the 6" version.

Geeze I thought, doesn't Neil know by now that I have a bunch of spoons and plugs already?? :D

(Not really.)

So now I have 10 months to wait before I can swim these in the Tyee Pool and the anticipation is going to kill me.

Damn you Neil Cameron!! :D

Actually I can't tell you how surprised and then stoked I was and am about receiving these ex-Van Egan pieces from his Estate and from Neil.

Van was my Biology teacher in Grade 12, 1962-63, and then a friend much later in life. I was honored to replace him as Secretary-Treasurer of the Haig-Brown Kingfisher Creek Society back in 1998 or so. I respected him greatly.

Truly appreciative guy here.

Thanks Neil.

Take care.

RSCN5589.JPG

Back