I'm a addict. ..

What's the giant hole in the bow for? Light? Great restoration! Can't wait to see the next one. ;)

Oh man, sorry to clutter the thread... But I've been looking for a clear-coat system like that Nylac!!! You are my hero. I need something to clear coat polished bare aluminum so it lasts (vs. wax/sealers or automotive protectants like opti-coat, c-quartz etc). Wish I knew about that years ago. Not bad price for the coverage you get, especially if it's durable. Going to give it a go the next time I polish aluminum (which I hope will be never, but know that's inevitable lol).

One addict with compulsive issues to another... :D
Here's the Kiwi Grip. It's water-based polymer. I am partial to two-part systems... But if you apply it correctly and in the right conditions it last very well. Plus it looks damn good, Application is very simple to do by yourself (mask well, etc).
As you know prep is the most important part. The old deck coat was junk. Rolled on (vs spraying) two-part PPG epoxy to help the colour change and bind the deck coating so it will be extra tough (no compatibility issues with tacky epoxy) and adhere to any exposed aluminum.

Yes I know it's white.... Had light grey before, hated it... Couldn't get black on time. Wasn't put on with due care so it all had to come off... Brutal! Do it right the first time people. It's got very good stain resistance and cleans well so high-class white it is (hey, white is in style now!).

For your project Alberni - Kiwi is tintable up to 2%, so I am sure some tint would be easy for you!

20170415_182438.jpg 20170416_201643.jpg 20170415_182447.jpg 20170416_201637.jpg
Can't rotate those last two to save my life!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks great Gary. You should buy that other one posted and fix her up and sell her. You have it dialed in now :).

Motor fully serviced, injectors cleaned and new fuel pump. New controls and steering all hooked up. Mocking up a small tower over the motor to mount rocket launchers on. Other then that not much has been accomplished, hard getting one boat up and going when your spending all your money fishing in the other boat lol20170715_114338.jpg 20170715_125513.jpg 20170715_113541.jpg

So its been quite a while since Ive posted about this project. Aside from 3 inspection covers she is done. The only thing original on it is the hull and main motor other than those everything is brand new. Kicker,sounder,vhf,wiring, console,seat,fuel tank,floor. Im into it for about 4k right now.

Attachments

• 20190330_154159.jpg
    20190330_154159.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 111
Back