I'm a addict. ..

I too would lose that console or at a minimum move it up. I have a Campion 542 centre console and while the ride is great we sometimes stubble over the seat when landing bigger fish.

You could ad a canoe or other to the list. The guy is just going to go for it. He has no control. He loves fiberglass and paint. It is what he works with everyday.

I give Gary great Kudos big time for working with fiberlass and the rest that is involved with his projects.

Motor well is off. the area of transom I can see is rock solid, have to see how the rest of it looks when I pull the floorView attachment 30702

Good for you taking this on. Y
I know I've said I won't do another project boat. .. boats are my drug and I'm a addict. I hated having my boat in Port Alberni all season when I live in Nanaimo and there is lots of fishing opportunities all over the island so I've got another project boat so next season I'll have one on each coast. 18'musling with a 115 yamaha. Going to be splitting it at the rubrail so I can do the floor, transom and stringers

Cool project.

Tank is out, next step is to pressure wash the hell out of it and then figure out how to separate the two halves.

AB Fisher.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wanted to keep the fiberglass nonskid floor intact but upon further inspection there was just too many holes and cracks in it. Was really curious about what was under the floor so I started cutting. The floor was encapsulated balsa core and there is no stringers in it, from the wood bulkhead in the picture forward is just hollow storage. I'm thinking it's the big chines and aggressive "V" that runs the length of the boat that gives it the strength 20170107_140304.jpg 20170107_140558.jpg

Back