I need to repower??

frango

Well the old Mariner has finally cost me more than I want to pay.So I have repowered with a Yamaha 115 4 stroke.I think I made the right choice?Its going on a Malibu 182 so should be adequate.Does anybody have any thoughts? or things I should look out for?..

yammy are great but i went with an evinrude e-tec as i was concernd with weight, i f...ing love this motor . i did alot of looking and reading and thats what i went with . tight lines

I think you got a great motor and will give you excellent fuel economy and dependability. Arima sells their 19ft with a 90 honda so I don't think your underpowered with a 115, how fast do you want to hit those dead heads anyways.

enjoy

I got a Yamaha 130 on a 175 Malibu hardtop and it will do 50 mph.So a 115 on yours should do at least 35-40 mph.I bought mine used 4 years ago and not a problem,great motor just wish I had bought a Yamaha kicker instead of a Honda. Have had nothing but problems with it.I will only go Yamaha all the way from now on.

With the 135 mariner I had the malibu up to 55 mph. With a stainless prop.I know my speed is going to drop.With fuel prices the way they are I think that would have happened anyway.I'm hoping of a $50 gas weekend not the usual $125,and learn to be happy with less speed.I have a 10 hp yamaha kicker as well but I have been told I can troll with the 115 no problem??

Buddy trolls with his 115 on a 20' aluminum. His is 6 years old and recently had some problems. If you bought "pre-owned", I'll find out what the issue was because the solution was a re-designed part from Yamaha, once they figured out what the problem was.

Back