I need a few of these lures.

gungadin

Last year I took my grandson out fishing, initially for salmon but later for ling cod. His dad and I could catch nothing with what we considered proven lures. He caught all the fish with this lure. Any body have an idea what it is?Elliots cod catcher.jpeg

My son gave it to dad and I one day anchored up for halibut. On those P line jigs he caught 5 on a little spinning rod dad got one and 0 for me. If you look close I think he used a blue one we now have an assortment lol.

Attachments

• A5C16017-9761-47D0-A1F9-7486368EA696.jpeg
    A5C16017-9761-47D0-A1F9-7486368EA696.jpeg
    195.8 KB · Views: 106
My son gave it to dad and I one day anchored up for halibut. On those P line jigs he caught 5 on a little spinning rod dad got one and 0 for me. If you look close I think he used a blue one we now have an assortment lol.
That kid is good. Surrounded by five salmon and a hali, with another hali in hand.
WFD son!

Those p line jigs work well for salmon as well. Ahi anchovy in 6 oz size is very good also, I have six of Ahi jigs 6 oz I would sell for 100$, brand new.
Sounds good, what colours are your jigs and where are you located?

The Ahi jigs are 6 oz Anchovy pattern. They are similar to the p line jigs. I bought 5 of the Ahi jigs for just under 100 $. I am in Campbell River.

Hi
If your looking for good and cheap jigs I sell these 4oz jigs which are powder painted and will not fade or chip like the Ps for years of use. Proven bottom fish and salmon Killers (I know I use them and others as well) . I sell them for $3 each now, includes xs treble hook and ss rings

Attachments

• 20200702_154625.jpg
    20200702_154625.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 38
I have some 4 oz jigs but have been fishing at greater depths, thus the 6 oz jigs are better for us. Dogfish will ruin most jigs and at depths of 200' or more colour doesn't matter much. The beat up jigs I paint up as well, epoxy paint with luminous sand sometimes works, not sure if the light modules work, tried them without success.

I have some 4 oz jigs but have been fishing at greater depths, thus the 6 oz jigs are better for us. Dogfish will ruin most jigs and at depths of 200' or more colour doesn't matter much. The beat up jigs I paint up as well, epoxy paint with luminous sand sometimes works, not sure if the light modules work, tried them without success.
They don't mark up the flutter jigs, you can throw them against a rock and it wont chip them. The silver can sometimes get grey rub marks but the other colors hold up time after time, they are cooked up with powder paint then baked at 350 deg F , so you cant bet they'll last and true about the color but 80ft and above they do recognize colors esp blue (they say lol) . I think below 80 feet its all about vibration and scent , and these flutters really must throw off a vib because we do really well with them. PS; I don't fish dogfish lol

Yes, finally got into town today. It is a p line jig 6oz in anchovy. Of course non in stock. Not that it matters as it will be a few months until we need it.

I have had great success with the P line jig. I use them on the Oak Bays flats. I hooked 5 winter springs on it one day! It is one of my best go to jigs for salmon as well as the Mac Deeps. I use cheaper jigs when I going for bottom fish as you will snag up more on the rocky terrain and lose more lures.

Back