Hypothetical

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it these new members who are obviously trolling and here ONLY to make the rec anglers look bad not banned as soon as they post crap?

Couple of boats and trucks were seized in Sooke last month for people retaining fish. If your feeling lucky go ahead and roll the dice. Zero tollerance is what message they are sending.

Couple of boats and trucks were seized in Sooke last month for people retaining fish

I had heard this and quizzed the Creel guy here in Sooke. He said that is what they want you to think but did not happen. Just like when the new hali regs came in years ago and when some one kept a 100 lber and the rumor said they took his 28 foot aluminum boat Did not happen ( he got a $100 fine and the fish went to the food bank) But is good way to keep the sheep in line They might take downriggers and rods or some times just the flasher and lure which you could get back when you went to court

I dislike trolling, if this did not happen it should not be posted.

But let's be clear. Not everyone follows the rules. You'd be crazy to think that all sporties are boy scouts.

My brother forgot to pinch a Barb on one of his hooks. Dfo took the flasher, spoon, leader and hook as edivence and fined him. Guess what we do now when we change gear? We always check if the hook is pinched or barbless.

Call it trolling all you want. Do you know who's watching from Possession point or Sooke Bluffs with high power bino's.. There's more to the story but like alot of threads on here you get called out by beaks. I,ve heard this story from 2 different sources but i guess it's BS.

Call it trolling all you want. Do you know who's watching from Possession point or Sooke Bluffs with high power bino's.. There's more to the story but like alot of threads on here you get called out by beaks. I,ve heard this story from 2 different sources but i guess it's BS.

The multi-million dollar retirees? If DFO can’t patrol the “most important” river in the province that is in the metropolis and northward, they are not sitting in sooke watching you with bino’s

im sure fishery officer isnt going to bug you if its a 1/2 cm over or even a cm over this is for 2 weeks and as many of the righteous people on here who probably NEVER EVER go past the speed limit or have never ever broke the "law" BTW I think this is a troll thing anyways to stir the pot. just to get more people riled up go fish and enjoy

Anyone knowingly and willingly breaking any of the enforcement rules are only hurting our fishing futures regardless of there belief in the regulations. The other thing I struggle with is that I like to believe our true fisher people are ethical and do everything they can to protect our futures. Anyone knowingly violating the laws is not very ethical and should question everything in life that type of person does or does not do. These types of people are probably also keeping undersized lings and rock fish n closed areas and needs to be stopped.

I do not like the 80 cm rule and wish there were exceptions like bleeding gut or gill hooked fish that are going to die anyway allowed to be retained but that would be hard to prove.

Anyone knowingly and willingly breaking any of the enforcement rules are only hurting our fishing futures regardless of there belief in the regulations. The other thing I struggle with is that I like to believe our true fisher people are ethical and do everything they can to protect our futures. Anyone knowingly violating the laws is not very ethical and should question everything in life that type of person does or does not do. These types of people are probably also keeping undersized lings and rock fish n closed areas and needs to be stopped.

I do not like the 80 cm rule and wish there were exceptions like bleeding gut or gill hooked fish that are going to die anyway allowed to be retained but that would be hard to prove.

Get down off your high horse buddy. People are questioning life. And many are determining that the regulations are not about conservation they are about politics.

Law is the law

This simple statement is a good way to put his thread to rest. Since the day there have been rules/laws around retention there have been poachers and I highly doubt that will ever change. Like everything in life the 95/5 rule likely applies here as well. 95% do things the way they are expected to and 5% think they are special. At the end of the day, let your own conscience be your guide. If YOU see it with your own eyes, YOU make the choice to report it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back