Hwy 24 accomadations

Deep

Looking for info. if anyone has rented a cabin at Sheridan lake or Lac Des Roches lodge. Thanks...

Years ago my sons and I had the most amazing Italian dinner and I think it was at the Lac des Roche lodge!
For the last twenty years I have stayed at Rock Island fish camp 10 K North of 24 and I am pretty sure that is what heaven is like nice people comfort food and many lakes to fish

Looking for info. if anyone has rented a cabin at Sheridan lake or Lac Des Roches lodge. Thanks...

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor - I did and walked away.

I just read the Trip Advisor and I guess you are talking about the Lac des Roche lodge as there is no reviews of Rock Island fish camp on the Nahaliston plateau. The rewiews confirm what I said about the food and I had some time ago read negative reviews posted by people who did not appreciate fine dinning and expected cheap food nearby which there isn't. I am very pleased that the family who settled there are still there. I have had one very positive experiance with the owner, I wanted my wife to experiance a fine Italian dinner on a Lake in B. C and not Como (which we have) and the owner called me on our way from the coast to let us know that the cabins were cool due to the low temperature at the time so we would not be disapointed . I have found in the past that it is important to read "between the lines when reading negative reviews" excuse the spelling this site doesn't seem to have a spell checker

not too far off is the cariboo bonanza resort, great little cabins or a big fancy chalet your choice but a great place to stay and fish.

Deep.. I've not stayed at either Sheridan or Lac Des Roches, but have stayed at Eagen Lake Resort twice. Great hosts, nice cabins at a reasonable rates, very quiet, and quite central. Fished a few lakes from this location.
I highly recommend Eagen, I'm sure someone has stayed at the other 2 to give you an opinion.

Irish, used to be real good ... avg now and not really worth the access that can be difficult depending on road conditions, better lakes with easier access in the area.

Cheers!

Ukee

Bonanza Resort is good. Bruno and Dora Spretcher have owned the lodge for a very long time. Nice people. Good fishing in Horse Lake.

One week, then back to the incredible "Fishing Highway". Irish is first on the list then another 3 or 4 new spots......excited to get back.

Back