Hunting 2012

Ken-- that has GOT to be a trophy buck... around here they rub on 2 in saplings.. mainly willow . This afternoon I was upstairs on the second floor of the house when a movement outside caught my eye,,, It was a big necked 2 point with his nose to the ground. I quietly open the window and started snorting at him. Well, I wish I had a camera LOL!! He started spinning around trying to locate where the challenge was coming from!!! He just couldn't figure out where it was coming from! After a minute or two he responded with a snort of his own. I replied-- but I guess he figured I was too big for him as he quickly took off!!! Nice buck, but all the does around here have sub-yearlings with them and I think they would put the run on junior!

ps-- are you SURE it wasnt an elk???

Last edited by a moderator:
OUCH! Was that fairly close to Port? Heard about one the same size, and the same story just a couple days ago...

Kinda tough for me to forget my knives - one on the belt, spare in the shell bag, second spare in the backpack, and two more spares in the truck console. Carry the full-sized ceramics to keep them tweaked in the truck, and a field set on my belt.

Betcha never leave home again without eh? :p

Final Inventory and packing under way. First boat off The Rock in the am, then off to the hills.
Getting Damn Excited now it is so bloody close! :D

Best of Luck for the remainder of the season Folks! Hope to post a picture and tale or two upon my return...

Cheers,
Nog

No that was closer to Menzies Bay. I usually pack my folding gerber, which you could circumcise a gnat with, and by fixed blade buck for a skinner. Just flat out forgot them both.
BTW good to still see you on this forum. I remember your name and another guy...I think his handle was Metal Head. I assumed he was a friend of yours. I was a member back in the old days like you, but I quit, when they changed the format...pay to subscribe etc. just flat out couldn't afford it at the time. Oh we'll. straight shooting and fill your freezer!

Took out a forum memeber to get some garlic coil for the holidays..... :)

This guy took a nose dive... Hahaha

photo-22.jpg

NICE bucks and some GOOD eats there!!!!!
Im off to Calgary tommorow spend a few days there (bass pro)then off to sask on Sat and then SUNDAY chasing WHITIES. ill post pics with lippys help when I get back sounds like the rut is just getting started back just little bucks with the does should be full force when I get there.....and hunting in snow kinda looking forward to it as both hunts I was on this year was HOT and dealing with forest fires both up north and in the whiteriver valley YEAHHHHHH TO SNOW!!!!!!! easier to spot too LOL

Wolf

Just dropped some meat off for smoking... This should make hunters out of some of you fishermen :)

Here was my order..... Yummmm

Jalapeno Pepper Extra Hot Pepperoni :)
Hot Pepperoni (Like Last Year)

Pizza Pepperoni (with tomatoes and herbs)
Bacon & Cheese Smokies
Counrty Style Garlic Coil (Bacon & Garlic)

Will be ready prior of any Christmas Gatherings... :)

Here is my first whitetail buck ever in Alberta's peace country. Went with my buddy and host of the Hunting Chronicles tv show Chris David! Had a blast and still hunting for his mulie or whitetail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 113
Back