Hunting 2012

That was cool can honestly say never seen that before that moose was really spent huffing and pufing worse than LC and me getting firewood LOL

I didnt want to make a whole new thread and thought you hunters might have a favorite way of cooking some moose steaks?

Heres a couple good ways that i like to do it.

Marinade the steak over night in
3 tbl Canola oil
1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 tbl Soy sauce
coupe gloves of chopped garlic
lots of gound pepper
Also i like to put either wine or beer into the marinade

Then to the BBQ with some brews, cook for about 3 mins each side depending on how thick the shteak is. YUMMM :)

Or....
Do it in the frying pan
Cover the steak in lots Pepper and Salt
Oil in pan
with mushrooms,garliic and onion
-Some guys like to wrap them in bacon or just bacon in the pan with the steak

Good eats!

3 tbl Canola oil
1 tbl Soy sauce
lots of gound pepper

Then to the BBQ with some brews, cook for about 3 mins each side depending on how thick the shteak is. YUMMM :)

Or....
Do it in the frying pan
Oil in pan

Good eats!

Add a couple tablespoons of montreal steak spice.

Really good!

3 tbl Canola oil
1 tbl Soy sauce
lots of gound pepper

Or....
Do it in the frying pan
Oil in pan

Good eats!

good stuff thanks! I like it basic. thats my recipe for pot roast plus a onion. I wasnt sure you could just eat it like beef steak. The butcher paper says tbone.

This year we decided to switch up our annual Whitetail hunt back in my homeland (Sask) for a great week of bird hunting. What a blast! Thought I would share some pics for the other hunters out there.
Waiting for the sun to rise in a spring loaded jump blind.
Iphone793.jpg

Sunrise in the blind
Iphone797.jpg

Do you shoot the scout? A century old debate between hunters…….. we did. Pretty amazing that a flock of 1500 geese send out a single scout.
Iphone798.jpg

The setup
IMG

Where is Saskabush Chovy? Hunted there lots in years past...

Looks like an Excellent Time! Miss those goose hunting trips, and that brought back some rather fond memories...

The muley on the right in your pix certainly looks like a Shooter btw!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Nog

Thanks Nog.
The pics were from a few weeks ago.
We hunted between South Of Swift Currunt and Vanguard.
It was a nice Muley and we did have a tag with us as my cousin got drawn.He passed him up as there is a group of three huge non- typs he's been watching. The season is coming close to an end so we will see what happens. Unfortunatly people like myself who move away cant hunt muleys anymore...... or pheasant.

It's was great to get back to the prairies....... and then it's was great to get back to the island:)

12 more days Hook and i gather You and ill be there...!!!!! I leave on the 22nd to calgary for a couple of days to chill with a great client. and of course go to bass pro for a few hours.... then off to sask on the sat... OPENING DAY sunday but for a good half day as we got to come back and hopefully watch BC go for the cup again.......... where do you go???

Wolf

12 more days Hook and i gather You and ill be there...!!!!! I leave on the 22nd to calgary for a couple of days to chill with a great client. and of course go to bass pro for a few hours.... then off to sask on the sat... OPENING DAY sunday but for a good half day as we got to come back and hopefully watch BC go for the cup again.......... where do you go???

Wolf
Calgary's Bass Pro is amazing. Best collection of taxidermy I have ever seen. That display that goes from the top floor down to the main floor of the 8 or 9 full mount caribou being chased down the bank and into the water by 2 (or maybe 3) full mount wolves is stunning.

Comin Close! Back at it on the steep mossy ridges lookin for my "timber ghosts"
Finally started showing up on their rutting grounds

Passed on 2 smaller bucks on monday
Looking for one of the monsters i came close to last week

Big round toes! old buck
Pic of a rub at work
DSCN0311.jpgDSCN0313.jpg

Looking Good LG!
The rut appears to have kicked in alright. Heard of a decent handful that hit the deck over the past few days.

Here's a pix of one old "Retrograde" - HUGE body (> 200 pounds!), smallish retrograde antlers due to age, blind in his right eye from fighting, and about as Stinky as they get! Check out the neck on this thing:

Retrograde_1.jpg

If he's any indication, the next week should provide some rather Interesting times out in the bush! :D

Good Luck to All in The Game!! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Now thats an old brutus! Nice short wide muzzle on him,
Been tough sluggin with the bow so far but now that their in the rut im getting closer to stickin one with an arrow.

Got my buddy ryan into a nice buck last week, his first bow kill! man was he stoked.

Try and get him to send me his pics, i'll get a pic posted on here soon

yours matt?

A Fellow who chooses to remain Anonymous...

Been tough sluggin with the bow so far but now that their in the rut im getting closer to stickin one with an arrow.

And the rut seems to be kicking in pretty good now. Didn't see anything worth mentioning tonight, but saw some awesome tracks and a couple Huge rubs.

Best of Luck with the Pointy Sticks!!

Cheers,
Nog

Back