Hunting 2012

Great Bull Sitka! Fantastic "Close In" Work!!

Congrats Wolf on another successful Rosie Hunt! Looking forward to the pictures...

Christmas came early for Mad Max (as my Excalibur ExoMax is affectionately known). Knock on the door damn early, and a rather long rectangular box dropped into my hands...

Big_John_Arrows_1.jpg

Big_John_Arrows_2.jpg

A Dozen spanky new arrows, Custom Built by one of Canada's Finest Craftsmen!!
Gold-Tip Laser II's, all just a smidge over 265 grains (with a + or - ratio of less than a grain!), aluminum backs & brass fronts for increased FOC, 2" Blaser Vanes with right helical and 6 degree offset. Perfectly designed for the ExoMax, and guaranteed to spin absolutely true well out past fifty yards!! In a word: AWESOME!! :D

If I wasn't smoking salmon today, I would most certainly be testing them out! Tomorrow For Sure! Then back to The Chase! Methinks one of these Fine Beauties has an impending date with one of those crafty Blacktails I've been watching. Soon that is... :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Looks cool Nog. I hope you get to sink the pink if you know what I mean lol!

Ke-Rist are those new arrows ever ACCURATE!!

Here's the results of yesterday's testing. First "Grouping" at 60 yards:

Robin_Hood_1.jpg

OUCH!
blush.gif

That cost alright! Taught me two lessons: 1) those arrows combined with that bow are Insanely Accurate & 2) NEVER, Ever shoot at the same point twice!!

Thankfully I ordered a dozen, so those I didn't manage to wreck will hopefully get me though the season!!
happydance.gif

Cheers,
Nog

Whoa! Deadly shot.

I was out for the first time today with my new rifle. Didn't pull the trigger. My partner saw two does at our first stop. And we both watched one have a nibble and bed down at our second stop. Watching that one on the hill, and then bedding down, I realize that these suckers are really well camouflaged. I am in for a challenge this season I think. But, it sure did feel great being out in the field, actually hunting. Still, I packed it in early to soak up a little more family time before going back to the grindstone on Monday. Sappy hunter: an unbecoming combo if I ever saw one. Geez.

At least I came home with a good feed of shaggy manes.

Lucky you steelhead! havent found any shaggy manes in a long time!
Just got my Lumenok(tracer) arrow nocks in the mail today, Damn they look sweet when you shoot them at dusk.
Cant wait to get some video footage of shooting a buck with these.... if i get close enough, prefer spot and stalk, dont have the patience to sit for hours lol

Nice robin hood Nog!

... Just got my Lumenok(tracer) arrow nocks in the mail today, Damn they look sweet when you shoot them at dusk.

Going to have to get me some of those! Seen a few videos of deer taken with them, and they look Awesome!!

Just arrived today, a sweet little double barreled 410 folder that fits quite nicely into my pack:

El_Faisan_1.jpg

El_Faisan_2.jpg

VERY light, swings and fits rather nice. El Faisan (The Pheasant) made in the 50's in Spain.

Guess I've got to head out on a Field Trip and see if we can find a ditch chicken or two to try her out on...
icon_twisted.gif

Just thought I'd share...

Cheers,
Nog

I like it! Light weight and folds down nicely, Cant beat that!
Would be nice to strap on or put in your hunting pack when your packing a hunting rifle.
got one with simular to that except mines got the .22 barrel underneath...perfect for those chickens :)

More Fun with Camo-Form...

I've harbored a desire for a Ruger 10-22 ever since one of my college Buddies got one way back when. Fun little gun to shoot, reliable as all get out and Accurate to boot! So when one recently came up for sale at a decent price, I simply HAD to bite! LOL!

The rifle came with the action and barrel camo-parkerized, and a full camo stock. Looked kinda neat, but the polished silver stainless 3-9 Bushnell on top certainly looked out of place. So, I wandered down and picked up another roll of the Camo-Form I used to dress up the crossbow, and went to work. Wrapped the scope, the pistol grip and forearm. Didn't need to do the latter two, but that fabric certainly is a LOT better to the touch than the original hard composite stock!

Turned out pretty good methinks:

10_22_1.jpg

10_22_2.jpg

Only issue now is NOT to set it down in the bush and wander more than a few feet away!

Took it out for a "Test Run" last night, and as these little Shooters are known for, it produced one-hole groups right from 50 out to 100 yards! SWEET! And, as a Bonus, a nice little ditch chicken offered himself up to try and claim the Ruger's "virginity". aYup - One Round - 35 yards - Head Shot - Virginity CURED!!! :D

Only saw a small handful of deer despite the favorable weather. Did wander into a pretty serious Elk Rub though! Guess there's a Biggie hiding somewhere nearby...

Elk_Rub_2.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Just got back from a week in Terrace looking for Yogi and bullwinkle. Not much luck, fantastic weather though. really enjoyed my first try at it. I'm definitely hooked. Just need to find a little more huntable area, that Terrace bush is DENSE...... and no, I am not talking about the women ;-)

...... and no, I am not talking about the women ;-)

Really? She just informed my local Sasquatch she'd like you to call..

hairy-lady.jpg

:D

Keep at it Finny One. You hardly ever hear about the trips that didn't "capitalize", despite the fact that's well better than half the time for most! Put in the time, and Chit WILL Happen!! :cool:

Cheers'
Nog

Really? She just informed my local Sasquatch she'd like you to call..

:D

Keep at it Finny One. You hardly ever hear about the trips that didn't "capitalize", despite the fact that's well better than half the time for most! Put in the time, and Chit WILL Happen!! :cool:

Cheers'
Nog
Thanks Matt, Yeah I know that the "hiking with Guns" trips are rarely mentioned, and I am sure I will get my chances. I just have to make it more of a commitment rather than an occasional trip, and I will need to take advantage of the opportunities friends offer to go with them. In the past I have been too focused on the silvery sea critters in the local rivers and of course the mighty "T", but since that has gone away and I can no longer stomach the combat river fishing, I need a new fall hobby, so "Hiking with guns" it is ;)

Going to have to get me some of those! Seen a few videos of deer taken with them, and they look Awesome!!

Just arrived today, a sweet little double barreled 410 folder that fits quite nicely into my pack:

El_Faisan_1.jpg

El_Faisan_2.jpg

VERY light, swings and fits rather nice. El Faisan (The Pheasant) made in the 50's in Spain.

Guess I've got to head out on a Field Trip and see if we can find a ditch chicken or two to try her out on...
icon_twisted.gif

Cheers,
Nog

I also have a spanish made .410 shotgun its old and has some nice engraving on it. Just single barrel break. Love it. My grandpa gave it to my Dad. My dad shot his first deer with it. Then he gave it to me and my first trip out I shot 6 grouse with it and 3 of them on the fly. I was hooked it was so light and fun to shoot!

-KK

Just talked with my buddy who just returned from a moose hunt north of McKenzie on Willistion Lk. Got 2 immy'-bulls. ****-show with Grizzly bears apparently, coming into camp trying to get their meat.

His old Honda CT-90 ran flawlesly though. Cool old bike.

Glad he got out; tough year for him. Good medicine.

His old Honda CT-90 ran flawlesly though. Cool old bike.

Hey Little Hawk, show him these pics.

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

Love the CT 90's and 110's. Best hunting rig going especially for the Island. Being insurable is a huge benifit.

Those are my buddies and mine all lined up after a nice washing. Collection is getting kinda big now but lot's of folks like coming out with us lol. Gotta have two of everything right?

Cheers,
John

Wow! Hells Angels - look out!

Bunch a guys comin' down the road all with 30-06's and 300-Win. Mags' strapped on their backs... I'd get the hell out of their way!

Way cool. I'll send my buddy this pic for sure.

Thinkin' of digging up one of these for my Son whose finally got his PAL and wants to start hunting with me. (finally!)

Got a wizard mechanic here in Victoria who's real good with these bikes too. Amazing how you can still find parts for them when you need them.

Me, I'll run my old 84' Honda XL-200 till she drops or I do. Only thing I ever owned since it was new...Hunting 2008 045.jpg

Back