Hunting: 2011

LOL!!! There ya are Roy
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like a good time! (except for the Coors light part)

Last edited by a moderator:
attachment.php

Snuck in a benny while I was doin that ;)

Which one is the moose in the picture?

Nice job Roy, it appears you had a great camp set-up and probably lots of laughs, pops and a good time..

Hey Roy what's the latex gloves and Maxim magazine for, entertainment. Looks like a good time.

Hey Roy, congrats on a couple of fine swamp donkeys..... Luv the tenis balls under the chair legs.....

SS

Nice pics, love the camp.

Striper Jack called from the sat phone with reports of two Moose down, 59.75 inch spread on the one. Just him and his 10 year old boy who bagged his first swamp donkey. That guy can sure find the big ones. Can`t wait for a few moose steaks.

It was a sow and 2 cubs if you look behind her and to her left side you can see one of them I decided to get back into the truck but my buddy got better ones ill post when I get them, he also has a pic of a beaut cinnamon bear as well.

Wolf

So got it all butchered today we all got about 80 lbs of burger each and about 60 lbs of roasts and about 50 steaks and right now making RIBS and stock for au jus.so id say we all got close to 200lbs of deboned meat for the winter, and still have sask next in late nov.....
mmmmmmmmmm good lip you know what to do...LOL
aslo posting some pics of bears and the sask buck i told you all about

Attachments

• SHOP excavation 085.jpg
    SHOP excavation 085.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 135
So here is that AWESOME cinnamon bear i would have loved to pop if i had a tag up there and some other for you all to enjoy. And Nog and every other hunter who knows how to score what do you think about this SASK MULEY??? think its a booker??? LOL LOL
I personally say close to 200 maybe 190 ish. ALL i know if I had a tag this bad boy would be down for sure.......

And lip fix em please thanks....

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0576.jpg
    IMG_0576.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0889.jpg
    IMG_0889.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0890.jpg
    IMG_0890.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0891.jpg
    IMG_0891.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 134
Hey Zeus those are great pics wolf;). Sounds like your having a great hunting season. Thanks for sharing.

we had a good trip, Juniors first moose hunting trip, got his moose first day within the first 2 hours, a smaller bull and a 59 3/4 inch as well, got some grouse, ptarmigan, and a couple wolves. Had an awesome time with the boy and a good buddy I hadn't hunted with in a while. The boy thinks its easy. First bear trip, he got his bear within an hour on April 1st and now this with moose.

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 071.jpg
    071.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 104
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for the post SJ! Wow, that's one happy kid there!
Good to see new recruits for the next generation to pick up the ball for us.
Can't wait to get my Son out for his first trip; he's 26 though. Oh well, better late than never. I never pressured him but he seems ready to do it now
and I'm so stoked about it!

Hopefully he'll have similar luck to your Son and not take 6-years to shoot his first animal like I did.

Yes holmes them elk are big bastards been lucky enough to go on 2 island elk hunts and seeing elk is very cool they are a impressive creature!!!!!

Good job there Jack thats awesome to get your kid out hunting but if you need a partner for next year id go with ya love to get a trophy animal as the ones we dont get monsters like that....the odd time kinda like getting into a 40 lber we all know there around but seldom get them in sooke LOL LOL.
Glad to see your boy go looked like fun... chat soon

Wolf

Thanks guys

It was awesome, He had an awesome time, he got to see lots of area, 63 hours behind the wheel of the Chevy return trip. Got to see Dad 4by the dually (He even got to drive it...lol). Got to drive his quad every day, put on frozen pants in the am. I still dont know who was happier me or him when he shot his moose. He didn't complain on the trip which is better than alot of adults on trips like that. Had an awesome time with my buddy Jan, we haven't hunted together since 1998 due to the larger distance between us (1500km away) and my back injury which kept me mellow for years. Got check by CO's and he said Derrick was the youngest person hes checked (11 years old and has his own hunting license)....he got 96% on the core test (hes a natural born hunter and awesome partner (only part is he didn't pay his half of the trip.....alot more chores now...lol)

Good times and memorable moments that will always be cherished.

he just did a license check, checked our moose for evidence of sex left on meat, and to make sure we took all meat, and checked for loaded guns, we were in the truck heading back out of the bush. He was super nice. We had a clean check and all went good. I dont mind seeing them doing their job.

prior to checking us over 70% of his checks had loaded guns, either in magazine or chamber. He was dressed in plain clothes on his quad so he caught quite a few people

i didnt even know one needed quad insurance,lol. $600 fine for not having it. your bcwf will work but only if your hunting or fishing

great to see them out there for sure,

Back