How to boat into wreck beach area

hey all,

Not as fishing related as you might want a question to be. But I was thinking about leaving out some crab traps and spending some time in the boat around wreck beach. I’ve seen boats in there but its kinda shallow and never tried to get close. If someone has some advice about how to travel in or possible anchoring spots, I’d like to hear about it.

Tia

hey all,

Not as fishing related as you might want a question to be. But I was thinking about leaving out some crab traps and spending some time in the boat around wreck beach. I’ve seen boats in there but its kinda shallow and never tried to get close. If someone has some advice about how to travel in or possible anchoring spots, I’d like to hear about it.

Tia
At a low low it's about 3.5' deep right up to the beach. Just keep away from the rocks on the North end. Navionics will guide you.

I changed my location to Richmond’s marina so am learning some of the mainstays along the river and the n.arm’s mouth. I think there’s ok crab locations to the south of the jetty and don’t want to go far from that with the traps out. And having a place that I can park the boat a while seems like a good plan. Also, wreck beach (and I never been there) I hear has cold beer that I can buy. Lol

There's lots of large rocks sprinkled around on the sand, visible only at low tide. I wouldn't take my boat to the sand unless I paddled in.

I anchored there the other day but stayed out by the jetty... Looks like you could get out of the current better if you go around the corner. But seeing that I was at about 5ft of water, thought it might be unsafe to go further in. Can't see anything on the charts that show the depth and how far along you can travel in it..

Back