How to Adjust the Brake on a Manual Scotty Downrigger

Ben Fougere

I had the opportunity to learn how to fix my manual Scotty downrigger on a fishing trip this year. Here's my video showing you how to adjust the brake to help make your downrigger work smoother. I hope this helps a few of you. Click on the link to watch it and please subscribe to show your support.

I had the opportunity to learn how to fix my manual Scotty downrigger on a fishing trip this year. Here's my video showing you how to adjust the brake to help make your downrigger work smoother. I hope this helps a few of you. Click on the link to watch it and please subscribe to show your support.

Just did this with my 1995 manual with clear top and red handle. Could of used this video. Mine had just the stainless wear plate and plastic cams with a plastic brake. I ordered the brake upgrade kit which has pads and its for 1998 and earlier i believe.

Just did this with my 1995 manual with clear top and red handle. Could of used this video. Mine had just the stainless wear plate and plastic cams with a plastic brake. I ordered the brake upgrade kit which has pads and its for 1998 and earlier i believe.

I'm glad you liked this video. Too bad I didn't make it in time for you, but hopefully it helps others.

Back