How much would you offer on this 26' Hourston...?

I may be cheap, but they should pay you to haul their junk away.

LOL, as I mentioned, at least it is gutted so don't have to worry about hours and hours of grinding... :)

Looks like a headache to move, then straighten. It's going to be pretty floppy in its current state so you have to get all the surfaces true again after you move it.

Yep, it would be a bit of doing, not too hard though

Nobody warned you about buying boats eh?

NO! I wish someone would have taken me aside from the start and informed me of this terrible addiction, please help me make it stop.

Hi, my name is Rob and I have not been sober from boats in about 30 years... lol

NO! I wish someone would have taken me aside from the start and informed me of this terrible addiction, please help me make it stop.

Hi, my name is Rob and I have not been sober from boats in about 30 years... lol
Somebody check where the nearest meeting is!

Somebody check where the nearest meeting is!

Its time for an intervention, but my lovely and patient wife is still allowing my behaviour... haha

Its time for an intervention, but my lovely and patient wife is still allowing my behaviour... haha

Ah yes. It is more difficult to quit when they enable you, but even harder if they also fish and you get that co-dependency thing going on. Boats should come with a warning label like cigarettes.

On a serious note, as a result of the Liberals bungling fisheries management, there are a lot of very good boats up for sale now, many of them well maintained guide boats. You may well find a very good turn key boat for less than it would cost to rebuild an outfit one, and without a rather large investment of sweat equity. The Hourston 26 is a great sport fishing boat. I also like the Orca 24 but you wont find one of those in your price range, even with politics depressing the market.

We are going to the marina today to do a little Ho fishing. I will take a look at the for sale sign on that Hourston 26 for you.

Last edited:
On a serious note, as a result of the Liberals bungling fisheries management, there are a lot of very good boats up for sale now, many of them well maintained guide boats. You may well find a very good turn key boat for less than it would cost to rebuild an outfit one, and without a rather large investment of sweat equity. The Hourston 26 is a great sport fishing boat. I also like the Orca 24 but you wont find one of those in your price range, even with politics depressing the market.

We are going to the marina today to do a little Ho fishing. I will take a look at the for sale sign on that Hourston 26 for you.

thank ya buddy! ;)

Ah yes. It is more difficult to quit when they enable you, but even harder if they also fish and you get that co-dependency thing going on. Boats should come with a warning label like cigarettes.

instead of healthy and unhealthy lungs displayed on the package, wonder what would be the graphic advertisement on a boat, lol hummmm

Probably a picture of a baby smiling with his/her dad crying at his wallet with the wife yelling at him

Lov'it :)

Back