How much of your money has Justin spent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been holding off on the usual repairs/upgrades/tackle replacement etc. until the election results are in. Not going to pour more money into an activity the Liberals are try to kill. Based on last summers BS it really isn't worthwhile to own the boat and all the gear when you're kept off the water. I have no doubt that's the Liberals goal, frustrate us to the point we just give up and stay home.

The problem is most seem to be basing their arguments on a flawed report from the Fraser Institute. Here is the bases for their numbers. Perhaps you can answer what a Profit Tax is or how they came up with a Natural resource tax? How about Health, CPP & IE that's not a tax those are insurance programs that we all pay into but we all collect.

Even the Fraser Institute isn't being so bold as to try to BS us into thinking we are 50% taxed but go ahead if that the world you want to occupy.
EA-R-4rWwAE-ngz
see even the fish pick Blue

The Conservative Party’s 2019 Turkey Talking Points

Turkey, wine, family, pumpkin pie -- it’s the best holiday of the year! Thanksgiving dinner is just around the corner -- but this year, it’s an election year. We know that not everyone is excited to go talk politics with their relatives.

Fortunately, we’ve prepared some quick and easy “turkey talking points” that will come in handy as that one uncle starts asking about politics and the election.

f8b892eabebf44f1.png

Andrew Scheer knows that it’s time for all Canadians to get ahead. A new Conservative government will put more money in your pockets, no matter which way you carve it.

Take the Universal Tax Cut for example. Every Canadian will save money. A two-income couple earning average salaries would save over $850 per year!

That’s helping you get ahead.

Under Justin Trudeau, on the other hand, middle-class families are paying an average of $800 more per year in taxes compared to when Trudeau was elected.

He’s using your money to stuff the pockets of rich corporations in the form of subsidies and free fridges — and if he’s re-elected, Trudeau will have to come back for seconds on tax hikes.

bdcdd686e2de263.png

Andrew Scheer has A Real Plan to Protect Our Environment that balances the need for Canada to fight climate change by lowering emissions with our core promise of leaving more money in Canadians’ pockets and letting them get ahead.

Meanwhile, Justin Trudeau is jetting around with the two highest polluting campaign planes and forcing a carbon tax on hardworking Canadians – making gas, groceries, and home heating even more unaffordable. He’s even giving exemptions to some of Canada’s biggest polluters!

95f928af351328c1.png

Under Justin Trudeau, wages have stagnated and the cost of living has skyrocketed.

Andrew Scheer’s plan to help all Canadians get ahead includes reversing Justin Trudeau’s tax hikes on small business, uniting Canada from coast-to-coast in the shared prosperity of a National Energy Corridor, boosting innovation and commercialization, supporting economic immigration, promoting interprovincial trade, building infrastructure projects that reduce commute times and lower emissions, and more.

Andrew Scheer is the only leader with a plan to create more good jobs and to run a government that lives within its means.

727433e31e2d4861.png

Justin Trudeau has failed to address the global complexities of climate change, human migration, cybersecurity, and national defence.

Worse yet, he’s embarrassed us on the world stage (remember that India trip?), alienated our allies, and capitulated to Donald Trump on NAFTA renegotiations.

Andrew Scheer has a real plan that accepts these global complexities as real problems in need of real solutions, and that the federal government has an obligation to actually adapt to today’s trying times. A new Conservative government will restore relations with key allies and build new ones with like-minded nations.

4979c383e17857a1.png

Andrew Scheer.

It’s simple because it’s true. He’s the only leader with a plan to put more money in your pockets so you can get ahead.
IMOA i think NOG has valid points here. The man has a plan and seems to be well spoken. We cant have a coalition thats for sure.

I voted this morning. My nose is still red from holding it so tight.

Going to stock up on some beer to watch the returns with my daughters tonight. They will hear my views on politics!

Get out and vote, even if it hurts your nose!

Edited to fix stupid autocorrect!

Last edited:
So sick of the west coast voting AGAINST the majority. We never ever elect anyone who is from the party who wins.

You guys wonder why the liberals don’t care about us? Maybe it’s because nobody ever votes for them.

Whole island is green and orange what a joke we are.

The liberals are going to have a real **** storm to deal with if the wexit movement starts rolling.

Looking like father like son on this one

With the Conservatives getting more national votes than the Liberals overall but much less seats, are any Conservatives thinking electoral reform is a good idea now?

I doubt it, the Cons didn’t lose many “right of centre” votes to the People’s Party and even with a proportional representation system the Cons would still be far outnumbered by the “Left of centre” parties and the Quebec Separatists. That P.O.S. Trudeau lost a lot of national support (well over a million votes less than 2015) but the Conservatives really didn’t gain anything popular vote-wise in total #’s of votes. So, with pretty steady support of about 1/3rd of Canadians, plus or minus a bit depending on leader or issues of the day, the only realistic chance Cons have to win a majority government is via first past the post where the others split votes.

Sad night for Canadians, speeches by every party leader exposed how clueless they all are and how this election did more to divide the country than bringing it together.

Cheers!

Ukee

One thing is for sure, last nights election proved how fooled our dumbed down population is and how his charisma surpasses the fact he is a convicted lying cheat. Worse is it provided a blanc cheque for Trudeau to take more of my money under one of many BS plans, to clean the earth, make the streets safe, or fake a pipeline. I did have respect for the NDP until they announced they were nothing but different coloured Liberals. Disgusting. Lots of Islanders eat that **** without complaint by looking at color map. More ability/options/chances to enjoy the outdoors or gates, doors and areas closing soon? I bet latter. More passion time outside Canada is foreseeable I think. Botswana??

HM

One thing is for sure, last nights election proved how fooled our dumbed down population is and how his charisma surpasses the fact he is a convicted lying cheat. Worse is it provided a blanc cheque for Trudeau to take more of my money under one of many BS plans, to clean the earth, make the streets safe, or fake a pipeline. I did have respect for the NDP until they announced they were nothing but different coloured Liberals. Disgusting. Lots of Islanders eat that **** without complaint by looking at color map. More ability/options/chances to enjoy the outdoors or gates, doors and areas closing soon? I bet latter. More passion time outside Canada is foreseeable I think. Botswana??

HM
I don't agree - last nights election proved we as Canadians are terrified of anything that resembles Trump chaos and racial tension IMH I mean even Scheer saw he screwed himself and public perception when they started doing the Hillary lock him up chant and he tried to change it to vote him out. In the end thou, I think Kinsella was the dagger.
What it comes down to is this country is just too divided - bloc shouldn't even be here as they only represent one province and elections are always won in the east before our polls even end. I don't think that will ever change!

The biggest disappointment for me was Wilkinson getting back in by a healthy margin. Smug, hypocritical, weak barking seal ministers should be voted out.

Unfortunately the politics of fear is a winner, and the divided country we see in the coloured maps is a result of that.
It would be great to see someone as gracious as Lisa Raitt get involved in a central way in the conservative party.
If that party is going to move beyond 34% it needs new ideas and to completely abandon, loudly and visibly, the current 'base first' policies.

Unfortunately for us, I predict a minority government as following the nabobs' and senior bureaucrats' agenda. The parties will be too focused on Ottawa and when the next election will happen.
It is clear to me that the nabobs' and senior bureaucrats' agenda is to restrict everything, especially if it includes harvesting, blood, freedom from nabobs and senior bureaucrats (oh I digress!!)
Hopefully in keeping close to Ottawa, we, as Canadians, will suffer less embarrassment of our Prime Minister going abroad, dressing up and talking.

Not a fan of much of Jody's policies and ideas, but I do love that JWR is elected as an independent and will be able to stare down Trudeau every day he is in the House of Commons.

With the election now over, we are getting back to being a place to discuss fishing. Given the climate around a number of political decisions made regarding fisheries this past year we allowed a lot of leeway in this area leading up to the election. Now that it is over, that leeway is gone. We never intended to be a platform to discuss politics and we won't be moving forward. This thread along with others that we let stand to discuss the election will be closed to further comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back