How much is too much (tackle)?

Saxe Point

Even though I fish during the winter, it was time to organize and clean up my saltwater tackle.

I knew I had accumulated quite a few flashers, but I had no real idea how many. I was surprised to count 37 regular sized plastic flashers, 2 mini plastic flashers and 9 metal “Abe & Al” dodgers! Not many duplicates. Might even be a few more hidden in the boat.

I’m not a guide, and fish 2 rods out of my boat. I’m using dummy flashers now. Seems like a lot to keep on hand.

Curious if my flasher collection is unusually large? Do you guys change flashers a lot or stick to a few tried and true colours/patterns? And does anyone use “Abe & Al” dodgers - or any dodgers - any more? They came with my boat when I bought it.

Now I’m going to sort and count the rest of my stuff!

I thought I had a ton, but I was just at another forum members house and he has WAY more than me.... more than my 65 flashers, 30 rods and 10 stuffed tackle boxes. Think I drooled a little when I left.

HM

I thought I had a ton, but I was just at another forum members house and he has WAY more than me.... more than my 65 flashers, 30 rods and 10 stuffed tackle boxes. Think I drooled a little when I left.

HM

You guys make me a minimalist!

Those Abe N Als are flashers not dodgers. They are very good flashers, particularly for springs, and have been around for years. But they exert a lot of pull on your rods. They were pretty much the standard until the Hot Spot came out.

Those Abe N Als are flashers not dodgers. They are very good flashers, particularly for springs, and have been around for years. But they exert a lot of pull on your rods. They were pretty much the standard until the Hot Spot came out.
I know a few guys that still pull them around and they still catch fish.

You guys way want to check out your local Walmart. Some of them are clearing out their fishing section so there are some deals to be had. I just finished clearing out 2 stores in Surrey (central city and 88ave). Guildford was all regular price still. I think I have enough gear for a couple years now.

I may need a straight jacket to stop me from accumulating.

How many people do you know who go fishing with 2 rods just with the rigging for them with no ex tackle I know about five they are to cheap lol it is like going duck hunting with half a box of shells

Back