How do you drop your traps?

I'd like to see where the number of rod restrictions as it relates to licenses on board is printed, and where this rule about someone not being able to keep shellfish from traps not labelled with their name. I've just spent a good deal of time combing through the regs and can't see any such regulations.
With respect to the number of rods a person may use, I think a lot of people transfer freshwater regs to chuck fishing. Page 9 of the provincial regs., lists the unlawfull restrictions...the sixth one listed: It is unlawfull to...Use more than on fishing line. EXCEPT a person who is alone in a boat on a lake may angle with two lines."

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1921/PW_regulations_guide.pdf

sounds like a stupid rule because all it would do is make people buy more prawn or crap sets and set in more areas. 4 traps is enough for most groups to get what they want/need so no need for 12 traps for 3 guys.
Can there be more than one name per trap?

sounds like a stupid rule because all it would do is make people buy more prawn or crap sets and set in more areas. 4 traps is enough for most groups to get what they want/need so no need for 12 traps for 3 guys.
I for one don't bother but it's really not that hard to just take some tape and put your buddy's name on it

Buddy of mine got a 150$ ticket from DFO this past spring for using gear marked with another fisher’s name. They considered unmarked gear illegal under section(38). I have a copy of the ticket but not going to post it here due to privacy.

Rain, I already told you how to pimp out your traps the proper way, melt that **** up. :mad:
Really? Oh man I'm worse at remembering useful advice than I am with remembering names. What did you say?

You need to have the gear you are using marked with your name, obviously. 2 people using 1 trap (of which 1 of the 2 is the marked name) most certainly is not a violation!

Buddy of mine got a 150$ ticket from DFO this past spring for using gear marked with another fisher’s name. They considered unmarked gear illegal under section(38). I have a copy of the ticket but not going to post it here due to privacy.

Was the person whose name was marked on board the boat?

You need to have the gear you are using marked with your name, obviously. 2 people using 1 trap (of which 1 of the 2 is the marked name) most certainly is not a violation!
So just to be clear. In your opinion if there are 4 people on a boat, all with valid licenses, but four traps all with only one name. You can legally have 800 prawns on board?

Seriously I'm not saying you're wrong but it'd be great to have this clarified. I agree it's idiotic. But this was seemingly VERY clear to one of the biggest charter companies in Vancouver.

How did all three people on board without names on buoys get their limit? They fished someone else's buoy right?

One phone call to the office, you guys are confusing me i don't know whats right anymore lol ... i'm scared to fish now... ;)
You can do that?! :eek:

But seriously someone do it.

There's gotta be someone on here that knows for sure. What happened to that fishcop guy?

Back