Horrible Horgan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is that most just seem to side with a team. Left or Right, Red or Blue little to do with just good governance of the economy. We should all look at taking it down a notch and talk civil about programs or direction. There is lot's that we all have in common like wanting the best for our country and our future generations. There are many ways to get there but playing political ping pong is not helpful.

... and the worldwide recession was the result of???

1) Corporate America/Canada lobby groups that fought tooth and nail for deregulation of the banking/finance industry via massive corruption / political contributions and these same billionaires and corporations were bailed out by taxpayers after the collapse leading to even more grotesque levels of wealth inequality (and the cycle continues). or...
2) Obama?

Ok, slow down there.

Yes, the deregulation of the banks allowed them to gamble with depositors money, but what no one ever seems to remember/bring up is the fact that the Government at the time (Republican) brought on a policy of "Every American deserves to own their own home", which ushered in a massive amount of home loans being given to people who should NEVER have had a cent lent to them. In the years previous, the act of bundling these loans together and selling them on would have been just good business.

I always say, never vote for someone based on Social issues, its the adult version of the School Presidential candidate saying they will put Coca Cola in the water fountains.

Im not batting for either side, as BOTH SIDES of politics in the West have systematically used their positions to sell out our prosperous economies and enrich emerging economies.

It doesnt seem a popular stance, but I think that buffoon down there in the White House (and I do see the man himself as a Buffoon), is absolutely winning. Take a look at the results the man has gotten in his first year and the resistance he has received. Only a pragmatic business man, with what i see as a true love for his country, can do what he has done so far.

We need to kick that Drama teacher out at the next available opportunity and get someone in with the same policies, but a much better salesman. All of Peoplekind living in Canada will be better off for it

Last edited:
The fact is that most just seem to side with a team. Left or Right, Red or Blue little to do with just good governance of the economy. We should all look at taking it down a notch and talk civil about programs or direction. There is lot's that we all have in common like wanting the best for our country and our future generations. There are many ways to get there but playing political ping pong is not helpful.

Do we need another "horrible" thread for Wilkinson? Haha . :D;):D;)

I am not fully versed in politics so not sure who runs up debt more, steals more or plays the numbers, or spins the BS, they are all thieving liars as far as I am concerned. What I do know is how much is coming out of my households budget, the current Feds and Provincial rats take more from me and have closed doors on what I love to do. No disputing that. Hence this posts title is fitting.

HM

Ok, slow down there.

Yes, the deregulation of the banks allowed them to gamble with depositors money, but what no one ever seems to remember/bring up is the fact that the Government at the time (Republican) brought on a policy of "Every American deserves to own their own home", which ushered in a massive amount of home loans being given to people who should NEVER have had a cent lent to them. In the years previous, the act of bundling these loans together and selling them on would have been just good business.

I always say, never vote for someone based on Social issues, its the adult version of the School Presidential candidate saying they will put Coca Cola in the water fountains.

Im not batting for either side, as BOTH SIDES of politics in the West have systematically used their positions to sell out our prosperous economies and enrich emerging economies.

It doesnt seem a popular stance, but I think that buffoon down there in the White House (and I do see the man himself as a Buffoon), is absolutely winning. Take a look at the results the man has gotten in his first year and the resistance he has received. Only a pragmatic business man, with what i see as a true love for his country, can do what he has done so far.

We need to kick that Drama teacher out at the next available opportunity and get someone in with the same policies, but a much better salesman. All of Peoplekind living in Canada will be better off for it

Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought.
To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears.
To be led by a fool is to be led by the opportunists who control the fool.
To be led by a thief is to offer up your most precious treasures to be stolen.
To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies.
To be led by a tyrant is to sell yourself and those you love into slavery.
Octavia E. Butler (2012)

Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought.
To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears.
To be led by a fool is to be led by the opportunists who control the fool.
To be led by a thief is to offer up your most precious treasures to be stolen.
To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies.
To be led by a tyrant is to sell yourself and those you love into slavery.
Octavia E. Butler (2012)

So we agree, the Drama Teacher must go.

No.... your the MAGA supporter

Well, lets break down your comment.

Coward to me is a politician who buckles under the weight of the loud minority
Fool is a politician who thinks that taxing/legislation can produce changes in human behavior
Thief to me is a government that takes from the productive citizens to give to the unproductive (No, not genuinely disabled persons)
Liar is a politician who tells me that Climate Change is real and a tax will solve the problem, while all he/she is worried about is funding for their pension/more vote buying

And last, but maybe most important is Tyrant, having read quite a lot about how Authoritarian regimes come about, I see the wholesale shutdown of civil debate by the forces of Political Correctness as being the most Tyrannical problem we have in society today. Everyone here can attest to that and have been affected by that in one way shape or another in just about every day of their lives. We are currently putting our kids through colleges that DO NOT employ an open and free exchange of ideas but have them on a strict regime of Do's and Do Not's when exploring intellectual debate. Keep in mind these are our future leaders.

As I said before, I do not like DJT's personality, but I have the intelligence to separate that from his Policies. He ran on certain promises and he seems damn determined to actually follow through with them. Name a politician in your lifetime that has done that to his level of consistency and has doggedly, and under intense pressure, kept his citizens at the top of his priority. I will bet you cannot name one as I cant either.

Love him or hate him, if i were an American with half wit level of intelligence, i would be voting him back in. Trudeau, on the other hand, is a leftist Tyrant disguised as what they all are.

Not going to touch that one with a 20 foot pole.

Well, lets break down your comment.

Coward to me is a politician who buckles under the weight of the loud minority
Fool is a politician who thinks that taxing/legislation can produce changes in human behavior
Thief to me is a government that takes from the productive citizens to give to the unproductive (No, not genuinely disabled persons)
Liar is a politician who tells me that Climate Change is real and a tax will solve the problem, while all he/she is worried about is funding for their pension/more vote buying

And last, but maybe most important is Tyrant, having read quite a lot about how Authoritarian regimes come about, I see the wholesale shutdown of civil debate by the forces of Political Correctness as being the most Tyrannical problem we have in society today. Everyone here can attest to that and have been affected by that in one way shape or another in just about every day of their lives. We are currently putting our kids through colleges that DO NOT employ an open and free exchange of ideas but have them on a strict regime of Do's and Do Not's when exploring intellectual debate. Keep in mind these are our future leaders.

As I said before, I do not like DJT's personality, but I have the intelligence to separate that from his Policies. He ran on certain promises and he seems damn determined to actually follow through with them. Name a politician in your lifetime that has done that to his level of consistency and has doggedly, and under intense pressure, kept his citizens at the top of his priority. I will bet you cannot name one as I cant either.

Love him or hate him, if i were an American with half wit level of intelligence, i would be voting him back in. Trudeau, on the other hand, is a leftist Tyrant disguised as what they all are.
Heck yeah!!

This one has run it's course. We left it, even though it has no direct base to do with fishing, because it was BC based, was on track and had some early fishing related commentary. We have now moved to federal and international content which will further derail and go nowhere, as most political threads do once ideologies start coming into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back