Hornby Island Fishing Charter

Thanks for all your help guys. It seems boaters are a happy bunch.

I'm on a certain BC hunting forum and the guys there aren't quite as forth coming with a new guys questions....

gsd ,I do charters around Hornby and Denman Is but won't have my boat there till May 28,and am listed in the tourist flier. If you are there before then call and I can give you other charters to contact. Mike

Hi All,

New member here. I'm in the Vancouver area and have mainly fished freshwater. Our family is staying on Hornby between Aug 25th and Sept 2nd, and I thought I will get some insight on fishing opportunities. We would be looking to charter a boat for half (or maybe full day), with 4 relatively inexperienced saltwater anglers, which may include one (or two) kids (9 years of age). I have a few questions, including:
  • Generally how will the fishing be over this period in this area? I have only ever fished the west coast of the island in July.
  • Any recommendations for guides in the area, particularly those who are good with inexperienced anglers?
  • Are there any shore fishing opportunities? (My understanding is that these are limited)
Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much for the quick response! I will touch base with Hali Hunter and try out some shore fishing near Helliwell.

Back