Holmes the Chef

MyEscape

Hi Everyone was hoping I could get some POSITIVE responses / comments from forum members with regards to Holmes as a Chef. I have ate his food which is awesome and have met him personally but need feed back as he is trying to land a position TBA so please don't ask. I have already found quite a few in the archives while he was at Critter Cove but a few more wouldn't hurt.

Thanks ME

Last edited by a moderator:
good food

I will agree Holmes is THE MAN ( when it comes to cooking anyway) my partner and I would start talking about his ribs about now and couldn't wait to get to Critter on the BC day long weekend. Too bad he's not there anymore - enjoyed having a chin wag with him --he always came out to ask how we liked the food ---was never dissapointed
One year I---- pulled my back ---got heat stroke --then CM poisioning was in rough shape could hardly walk and had the poops. Couldn't eat the special we ordered Lasagne and ceasar salad I think. Sent it back and asked for a dish of vanilla ice-cream ----Holmes was crushed ---came flying out of the kitchen asking what was wrong --wouldn't believe my excuse ---was doing everything he could to accommidate us the rest of the trip.
Good effort Holmes!

Ribs are second to none... and one of the few that can do squidamari right

Two thumbs up for his cooking at Critter Cove.
Made a point of it to go eat there every year.
Sadly he left and have not eaten there since.
GLG

I"ve never eaten his cooking, but after reading what everyone else has said, I'm anxious to try it. Yum.

Cam has cooked meals for me and my better half many times at Critter Cove. You won't be disappointed with his work ethic and most importantly his attention to detail around his food preparation, quality, and taste. He is not just a cook, that's not a fair way to characterize his skill. He is passionate about his craft and it shows. I think you'd be well served having him on your team. I'll drop by in August for dinner if you're open to the public. Worth a trip from anywhere in Nootka Sound to eat Cam's food!!!

Havnt met ya yet Holmes, but it sounds like I will this summer. Lookin forward to these ribs ! Bring Cam and Kathy up to Rodgers with you !lol looking forward to a good season, and in Camp watching the Canucks win the cup!!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment I will pass a link to this thread to the parties making the decision on who to hire for the position as I am not in any way directly involved. However I can see it is very obvious Holmes's passion for the art of cooking, attention to detail when it comes to pleasing his customers and the fact he is a great chef.

Cheers ME

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment I will pass a link to this thread to the parties making the decision on who to hire for the position as I am not in any way directly involved. However I can see it is very obvious Holmes's passion for the art of cooking, attention to detail when it comes to pleasing his customers and the fact he is a great chef.

Cheers ME

Yeah but he's a stinking Blackhawks fans

Hey Kev,

Send me directions to your dock. Holmsey cooking there, I WILL run the troller in for a good feed and a visit while up that way this spring!
Be nice to spend a little time off the boat, and chow on some of those famous ribs I've been hearing so much about!! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Back