HighLiner Boat Trailers - Experiences

Any other great Highliner Boat Trailer Stories?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jolo

I have had a Highliner Boat trailer for 10 years with no problems. I have recently been looking at a new trailer and boy are those guys helpful. They go above and beyond! Any other great Highliner experiences out there?

Attachments

• IMG_1328.JPG
    IMG_1328.JPG
    288.5 KB · Views: 63
used to have one. they are pretty good. i prefer ezloaders nowadays just because of the oil bath system makes it easy to check oil level. the highliner has bearing buddies. also wish they had teflon bunks for Al boats right from the start.

Good to know, I have heard their oil systems are easy to check. I am going to check them out. Not sure about teflon, certainly easier to load boat then your boat is less secure during travel and unloading. I have heard of guys with teflon unhooking to soon on a launch and having their boat slide off their trailer *yikes*. Did you go full teflon or partial (certain bunks)?

Good to know, I have heard their oil systems are easy to check. I am going to check them out. Not sure about teflon, certainly easier to load boat then your boat is less secure during travel and unloading. I have heard of guys with teflon unhooking to soon on a launch and having their boat slide off their trailer *yikes*. Did you go full teflon or partial (certain bunks)?

It’s only something you need with aluminum boats and salt water. The salt water stays in the carpet and corrodes the aluminum and if pressure treated lumber was used they really watch out as the chemicals in the wood do major damage from what I have read.

Have owned a couple of other trailer brands and currently own a Highliner. I purchased the trailer from a dealer and Highliner set it up for me with my boat on the trailer. Highliner moved the axle from its original location slightly to redistribute the weight based on the weight at the hitch. They positioned The bunks below where the beams (Stringers) are in my hull. After taking possession they advised me to drive around their neighborhood And come straight back to the shop. When I came back they put a temp gauge on the hubs. One was running hot. They adjusted the brakes right then and there. Great service and good advice.

Quality and durability of the trailer beats other trailers I have owned, hands down. Loads like a dream.

Yea that's what I am finding too, they go the extra to make sure things are right. Boat manufacturers don't always pay attention to the trailer as they are focused on the boat. Weight distribution and bunk set are critical to a good tow.

It’s only something you need with aluminum boats and salt water. The salt water stays in the carpet and corrodes the aluminum and if pressure treated lumber was used they really watch out as the chemicals in the wood do major damage from what I have read.
I can attest to the major damage. At least it was only a car topper but the rate of damage was impressive.

used to have one. they are pretty good. i prefer ezloaders nowadays just because of the oil bath system makes it easy to check oil level. the highliner has bearing buddies. also wish they had teflon bunks for Al boats right from the start.
When you look at what the majority of trailer manufacturers are using its grease. The reason for that is if you get a pin hole leak in your seal all that oil leaks out leaving you with steel on steel at least with grease you have some still in there to prevent total failure. Regarding teflon bunks we offer a vinyl bunk wrap and also screw down bunk slides. Highliner Trailer is a Canadian Company that has supplied the recreational, commercial and government boating industry for over 40 years.

Attachments

• IMG_0489 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0489 (1).jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 40
I dealt with Highliner since the late 1980's when they were located on Vulcan Way in Richmond. Later when they move to Delta I again bought quite a few parts for my boat trailer from them. If I remember correctly, I think I dealt with Keith on a number of occasions. I always found him to be very helpful and above all forthright and honest. Never had a bad experience there.

I bought a new Highliner trailer with my new boat in 2017 it’s been fine except for the lights, it would have been nice if they were sealed and waterproof.

Back